Search results

1. F

Real World Story: ZFS/napp-it saves the Day.

I built a Solaris 11 / ZFS home server about a year ago, and I mostly use it to back up my Windows Home Server 2011. It contains duplicate folders and shares on it like the WHS does. I also use the WHS and Solaris11 server to back up my laptop from work. I have a Sync program that syncs my...
  2. F

Mirror for OS Drive on WHS 2011

I built a strange new server from spare parts discarded at work. I loaded the OS onto a disk on port 1 on the MB then after that I installed a new disk on Port 0 on the MB, I then went into the Disk Manager and created a Mirror from the first Partition (C:) to the new drive then I mirrored the...
  3. F

WHS 2011 vs SBS 2011 Essentials, vs New Motherboard

Currently I am running WHS 2011 on my home server. I have an old (2004 vintage) Intel Server motherboard with 2 - 2.9 Ghz Xeon procerssors on it. When running WHS Vail I was able to see that both CPUs and their threads were being used. When I installed the Released version of WHS 2011 I can now...
  4. F

Supermicro MB Product Naming Codes

Has anybody figured out the product naming codes for the Supermicro Motherboards? :confused: -The first two positions "X9" must be the chipset/CPU or something like that -The third position "S" must mean type of board. In this case Server board. The rest I have not figured out SCA SCM...
  5. F

Solaris11 Home ZFS File Server

Build’s Name: Solaris11 ZFS HomeFileServer Operating System/ Storage Platform: Oracle Solaris 11 Express / napp-it CPU: AMD Athlon II X2 250E AM3 2MB 45W 3000MHZ Motherboard: ASUS M4A88TD-V EVO-USB3 Chassis: Vintage 2000 Acer Altos Server Chassis w/ 8 Drive Caddys Drives: 2 – Hitachi 2.5”...