Search results

1. s0lid

[WTB] Rack Road Case

If you're from United States here's an ebay seller with multiple listings for Edak Milex racks for 99usd/each. https://www.ebay.com/itm/273971774740 I've couple of Edak racks and they're great shock mount racks with outer shells made from aluminium.
  2. s0lid

Inventec B601GA2. Cheap Dual 2011-3 with OCP slots

Only 3 of the 9 mounthing holes don't align. Adding mounthing points shouldn't be too hard, ought to drill holes through the bottom of the chassis and secure 6-7mm long m3 nylon extensions with 3mm long m3 sunkhead screws from the outside. I/O area is also little too wide to fit into normal case...
  3. s0lid

20-pin ATX + Supermicro PJ1 port?

Seems to provide ground lead, +5V standby, PS_ON and PWR_GOOD signals from/for normal ATX powersupply. Yes you can use 20-pin connectors as those signals are in same places with both 20- and 24-pin atx connectors.
  4. s0lid

Inventec B601GA2. Cheap Dual 2011-3 with OCP slots

Pretty cheap dual LGA2011-3 boards on ebay right now if you don't mind introducing your chassis with angle grinder due to OCP slot (assuming it'll be used). There's no onboard nic and that single ethernet connector is for IPMI/BMC. SAS connectors seem to be for SATA connectivity. Received...
  5. s0lid

Cheapest narrow ilm heatsink/fan? Can I use the passive heatsink only?

I think I've gotten mounting hardware from Noctua even without receipts by sending a image that has the motherboard, cooler and post-it with "PSK" in it. My oldest Noctua cooler must be atleast 10 years now and I've still gotten new mounting hardware for it when ever I've asked.
  6. s0lid

Switch Quanta LB6M 16x 10G SFP+ - UNDER 100€

Yeaah, 3,94USD shipping to Finland with UPS sounded bit fishy.
  7. s0lid

Inventec C202 Motherboards - 10Gbe and 4x SAS ports ~$20

Throwing one of those lga1150 boards into 4U atx case was way easier than i thought.
  8. s0lid

Mellanox ConnectX-5 VPI 100GbE and EDR InfiniBand Review

For science you should get a Mellanox MAM1Q00A-QSA28 QSFP28 to SFP28 adapter and 10/100/1000BASE-T SFP. Then connect it to 10Mbps Full-Duplex switch port.
  9. s0lid

G3220 boots with ECC UDIMM, I might have recalled wrong with the non-ECC part. Unlike the silkscreen says the HBA-controller is LSI2008.
  10. s0lid

Atleast on the PCB's silkscreen it says LSI2308.
  11. s0lid

I've one of those LGA1150 boards with single SFP+ port and 2x SAS ports. Didn't post with i5 4570/4590 but works with Xeon 1230L v3 using both ECC and non-ECC udimm. Going to test with G3220 next weekend when one as I get a loaner from a friend this weekend. Going to use that board on a tape...
  12. s0lid

51 Piece Wiha Precision Screwdriver Set $139

Great precision tools made from proper materials. I've Torx, Hex and Slot/Philips sets in ESD variant. Buy Wiha 00560 on top of that and you've everthing one would need for computer work. 00560 is the best tool for motherboard and DVI/VGA/RS232 standoffs.
  13. s0lid

WTF is this LSI SAS3008 card?

Surely odd card as it uses internal SFF-8643 rather than SFF-8644 which is meant for external connections.
  14. s0lid

futureproofing house wiring... CAT8 or..?

Cat6a is fine for house wiring, Cat7 if you want to go fancy. But say no to Cat8. Just as wikipedia says:
  15. s0lid

Is there a popular STH member video game or one coming out?

I only tend to play temporary leagues these days for just the extra challenge. So my permanent HC stash ends up having 100+ remove only tabs, atleast there's bunch of currency and legacy gear stashed if I ever want to try something interesting. I don't have a problem with gear checking, atleast...
  16. s0lid

Make it 3. HC only since 2011, roughly 2000 hours on the clock by now. The most brutal arpg difficulty wise with least bullsh*t.
  17. s0lid

Just something I find myself playing sometimes: Dota 2, Modded minecraft (FTB Infinity, not so kid level stuff), CS:GO, Path of Exile.
  18. s0lid

The Lexus rolled past 200K today

Not impressed. Why? Because I own a 2006 VW Transporter with 1087 thousand kilometers on it, yes that's over 1 million kilometers. No original engine/transmission anymore, they were swapped at 900tkm.