Is there a popular STH member video game or one coming out?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

KioskAdmin

Jan 20, 2015
I think it'd be cool if we had a STH clan or guild in some game. Is there anything everyone already plays or maybe one coming out?

I saw Gears of War 4 comes out tonight. Maybe a Horde 3.0 STH squad?

Civilization 6? https://www.amazon.com/Sid-Meiers-Civilization-VI-PC/dp/B01FEHJYUU/ comes out in 10 days. Too bad no co-op mode

DOTA or LoL?

Minecraft? Someone's gotta have a server but this seems too kid oriented.

CoD: IW comes out Nov 4 https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...om-20&linkId=7930ab6074a944ff14bfb5d6e197eaa8

Maybe FPS games are not the best since people are everywhere.

I'm itching to try something new.

s0lid

Feb 25, 2013
Tampere, Finland
Just something I find myself playing sometimes: Dota 2, Modded minecraft (FTB Infinity, not so kid level stuff), CS:GO, Path of Exile.

MiniKnight

Mar 30, 2012
NYC
I tried Dota, overwatch and hearthstone. I don't think many STHers play video games often.

mackle

Nov 13, 2013
I'll probably waste far too many hours on the new civ game, I didn't realize it was this close.

Just one more turn...

CreoleLakerFan

Oct 29, 2013
I tried Dota, overwatch and hearthstone. I don't think many STHers play video games often.
I think for guys like us, building the system is the fun part. That said, I do have a nice 980ti/SLI gaming rig that I haven't even powered on since April.

:(

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
I think for guys like us, building the system is the fun part. That said, I do have a nice 980ti/SLI gaming rig that I haven't even powered on since April.

:(
Sounds like a machine learning rig to me.

I might buy Civ VI but I rarely have time to play. Actually, I need something with a good offline mode so I can play during flights of over 10 hours. That is when my brain goes to mush sometimes.

Netwerkz101

Dec 27, 2015
+1 for building vs. playing .... or "building _is_ playing"
I just recently found my UT99 install CD...outside of that ..
I play Windows 7 Solitaire.

I'd have to build a new system to play anything modern (I think).

Reactions: cperalt1

William

May 7, 2015
I have all the Civ games so I will most likely get Civ VI.

I pretty much dropped all MMO's but I am a big fan of Star Citizen and have ample ships for that. Some of the latest videos coming out look pretty darn good. I can't wait to fly my ships around when the PU hits.

Currently I play Path of Exile, I can't seem to stop playing this one. I like it that I can fire it up, play a few maps and stop. Manye things tick me off about it but it is a very good game. A new one coming out at the end of the month is Guardians of Ember, no idea how it will be but it has my interest.

Reactions: xnoodle

cperalt1

Feb 23, 2015
+1 for building vs. playing .... or "building _is_ playing"
I just recently found my UT99 install CD...outside of that ..
I play Windows 7 Solitaire.

I'd have to build a new system to play anything modern (I think).
I have kept my copy of Unreal Tournament 2003 I bought for my G4 Powermac patched and still runs on my MacBook Pro. Other than that it has been introducing my sons to the classics via emulators and physical consoles N64 and GameCube and NES once I find my controllers.

CreoleLakerFan

Oct 29, 2013
I do love the Mass Effect series - spent more time than I care to admit a few years back on Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer, and that was after my 200 hour metagaming session of ME1, ME2, and ME3 right after ME3 was released. I'm waiting on pins and needles for Andromeda - thank goodness it doesn't come out until March - I have a good six months of productivity in front of me before I get sucked in.

Deslok

Jul 15, 2015
deslok.dyndns.org
I do have a minecraft server, I was actually just recompiling spigot the other day, Fractured space has been a good timesink as well

xnoodle

Jan 4, 2011
I play LoL, Overwatch, Hearthstone, CS:GO fairly regularly.. PoE/Diablo 3 every other season or so.

Honestly surprised we have 2 PoE players here.

William

May 7, 2015
To kick the PoE habit I went to D3 for a while, but got bored into the 700ish P levels.

A few major updates had happened to PoE during that time so something just made me install and fire it back up LOL

I had never spent any of my Exalts so I have a fair amount of them, picked up some gear and starting playing this.
Forum - Ranger - [2.4 VIDEO] #1 Pathfinder PHC - Blade Vortex flask build. Uber atziri video. Easy lvling - Path of Exile

At level 77 atm ( I started a fresh character) ... highest toon ever for me is 90 and I still have a lot of high level content to get to.

William

May 7, 2015
I haven't played HC at all, thought about it many times.
Its hard to give up the massive amount of gear I have accumulated over time. I love to tweak :)

Yes it is brutal with gear checks all the time. This old fart has problems keeping up with how fast things can get at times... but I keep coming back... shoot me now.

I totally hated Act4 and the harvest, then killing Malachai, when it first came out he seemed very over tuned and the whole setting in that section. So I have kept playing my high level toons and only respecing them when I could. The one I linked I started from scratch and did all acts, they seemed to lowered the difficulty levels a bit. Then the Lab was just a mess on release, now it doesn't seem so bad.

I have not tried Atziri yet or any other higher level stuff...

The nurfs hit often tho... my Rainbow Nuke character is almost unplayable now. I liked this one the best, maybe I need to relook at my gear and tree... don't know if its worth it.