Search results

1. F

Building myself a ML Server

Build’s Name: Box O' Learnin' Operating System/ Storage Platform: Proxmox + Ubuntu 20.04 CPU: Don't care too much, something recent-ish. Wound up with 2x E5-2650v4 Motherboard: Don't care, lots of PCIe Chassis: Needs to fit GPUs Drives: Probably a couple NVMe SSDs RAM: At least 128GB, >= DDR4...
  2. F

So I bought a winterfell node

One of the servers I use to run my home projects started failing recently, and being a complete broke-ass, I spent a while trying to find a super-cheap replacement that might also be a slight upgrade. Overall goal are to be competitive with my current setup, which is a dual E5-2660 V1 system...
  3. F

FS: HP t730 slim client w/4GB ram, 128GB SSD, dual Intel NIC

This is a HP t730 I bought a while ago. I'm dumb, so I ended up with a 4GB model. In any event, it was fun to tinker with, but it's overkill for my application, and I think I'd rather buy a PC-Engines APU, so my loss (may be) your gain. I added a 128GB ADATA SSD (ASU800NS38-128GT-C) and a...
  4. F

Custom power-supply mounting in a server case

A while ago I picked up a couple SuperMicro SC833 chassis for a really good price, which I'm using as general-purpose chassis for assorted projects. While this is a relatively fine chassis, the power supplies it came with are kind of terrible. They're a three-unit redundant module, which isn't...
  5. F

4x SAS to SF8087?

Is it possible to convert 4 SAS connections to a SF8087 mini-SAS interface? Basically, in a somewhat boneheaded maneuver, I've been planning on moving my NAS to a SuperMicro 4U 24 bay 846 case with a SAS-expander backplane. I actually have everything, and was literally in the process of moving...