Search results

1. msvirtualguy

[FS][US-NY]: Three of my Homelab servers Supermicro SYS-E300-9D-8CN8TP platform and a Minisforum AR900i

Hi I'm selling quantity THREE of my homelab servers to make room in the rack for new incoming gear. There are a total of three matching Supermicro SYS-E300-9D-8CN8TP based on 8core/16thread Xeon D-2146NT each come with the following: Case w/fans, powersupply and airshroud Supermicro FlexATX...
  2. msvirtualguy

Will it work? Epyc 7F72 + 25 NVMe's

For the record I don't have 24 M.2 NVMe disks, but I do have 12 spread across three AICs not including the 2 onboard. I am currently testing TrueNAS Scale same board Epyc Milan 7B13 64core CPU 512GB RAM. Just setting it up...plan on testing this weekend.
  3. msvirtualguy

Minisforum MS-01 Launched 10GbE Mini PC First Look

Man, the ram is what kills it for me. I need 256GB. Other than that this is getting really close to SFF pefection. I'm guessing you could fit an L4 or A2 in there?
  4. msvirtualguy

Low Power - High performance multi-faceted AIO challenge

Thanks for the replys. After I reviewed this I think i'm gonna go a different route. You're right, 512GB is probably overkill and tbh, I'm dreaming whenn it comes to power/efficiency and my expectations from a single source. I think what I will do is keep the NAS for maybe 2-3 more years as...
  5. msvirtualguy

P360 Ultra, a couple M920q’s or something else?

Curious if the P360 Ultra would support the new 48GB SO-DIMM Modules for a total of 192GB RAM?
  6. msvirtualguy

Low Power - High performance multi-faceted AIO challenge

Hi folks. I am planning the next iteration of the home lab and here's what i'm thinking. Right now, I have 5 x XeonD Second Gen 1u systems and a Xeon D based QNAP NAS. As for connectivity it's built on a Ubiquiti foundation: Dream Machine Special Edition XG-24 10GbE Switch NVR What i'm...
  7. msvirtualguy

WTB: Supermicro X11SDV-8C-TP8F Intel Xeon D-2146NT Flex ATX Motherboard

TTT, still lookin if anyone has one or know where I can get one without paying more than what I did when I bought it new...crazy.
  8. msvirtualguy

WTB: Supermicro X11SDV-8C-TP8F Intel Xeon D-2146NT Flex ATX Motherboard

Hi folks. Title says is all. I had a death to my motherboard for one of my nodes and it's out of warranty. I'm looking for a replacement at a decent cost. I need the particular motherboard as it matches my other 3 nodes. and came out of my e300d system. PM me or msvirtualguy at gmail dot...
  9. msvirtualguy

Netgear XS708E 10Gb Switch

1. Netgear XS708E: Great Mananged 10GbE Switch. Total of 8 ports with 1 shared SFP+ port. This switch supports, vlans, etc. and is web managed. Great for Home Lab, Storage, etc. I used it in my lab and it worked great. 10-Gigabit Plus Series PRICE: $390 Shipped $350 Shipped
  10. msvirtualguy

WTB: AsRock Rack ROMED8-2, 32 Core Epyc Rome CPU, 128GB RAM

Changing things up a bit. I was going to add another Xeon D node but after rethinking it I do need a beefy system for some nested testing and other things so i've changed the post. Hi folks, i'm looking to add one more node to my lab and i'm looking to build my first Epyc System: 1. AsRock...
  11. msvirtualguy

WTB: MEM-DR464MC-ER29 or MEM-DR464MC-ER32 x 12

I'm starting to reach memory limitaions in my lab with 3 x 128GB Nodes and since i'm on Xeon D 2x platform my only option is to move to 64GB DIMMS as the next logical step. I'm looking for 12 x 64GB DIMMS ECC REGISTERED DDR4 MODEL: MEM-DR464MC-ER29 or MEM-DR464MC-ER32 Please let me know what...
  12. msvirtualguy

FS: AMD Threadripper Combo: 3970X, Noctua CPU Cooler and ASRock Rack MoBo

I can't believe no one is jumping on this for this price. You almost had me but tbh..my 5950x is fine for what I need...still though...very tempting.
  13. msvirtualguy

Upgrading NAS - Please provide feedback.

Beginning to wonder of those Optane drives are too small for the video editing use case.
  14. msvirtualguy

Upgrading NAS - Please provide feedback.

I have a QNAP TS1685 w/Xeon-D 1521 CPU w/128GB ECC DDR4 2133 RAM and has served me well but i'm running out of capacity and am moving to full on Google NVR Cloud storage so I decided this could be a good opportunity to upgrade some other things besides just my HDD tier. Use cases right now are...
  15. msvirtualguy

WTB: 6 x Samsung PM883 1.92TB SSD's

Hi all..been a while. Hope you are all doing well. I'm in the process of upgrading and rebuilding my lab and want to use this opportunity to upgrade my storage capacity. Thought i'd stop in here before I go to ebay. I'm looking for 6 x Samsung PM883 1.92TB SSDs. They have to have Samsung...
  16. msvirtualguy

Supermicro X11 BMC/iPMI Firmware - 1.17 Anyone have a copy?

Title says it all folks. I specifically need 1.17 firmware for my X11SDV-8C-TP8F. Since Supermicro has basically removed FTP access to older firmware i'm SOL. Please PM me if you have a copy of the bits. Thank you.