Search results

1. M

LSI 9260-8i Terrible CacheCade Performance

I am aware of this and happy to take the hit considering the price trade off. Clearly from my testing the SSD cache is not being utilised at all for writes, presumably due to me only using 1 SSD so not redundant.
  2. M

LSI 9260-8i Terrible CacheCade Performance

I have a 9260-8i with Samsung 840 Pro as the CacheCade drive. I have never noticed any performance increase for writes with Write Back or Write Through, in fact it may be negatively impacting. Does anyone have any experience with RAID controllers with CacheCade/SSDs?
  3. M

DELL JM42W Intel X520-T2 Does Anyone Have Any Experience Of?...

Perhaps it's not the quantity but the configuration of the RAM. I had have issues in the past with mixtures of different sized sticks that did not produce any memory errors when testing the RAM, but that the system/BIOS did not function correctly. Anyway, I can confirm that the Dell x520 does...
  4. M

PS The UD5H has 32GB in 4x 8GB DDR3 1600 DIMMs
  5. M

Ironic that the thread you reference refers to a Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H. I have one of the two Dell x520 NICs running on a Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H being used as a server at the moment (same Z77 chipset as the ). I have no boot issues at all, works fine. The other NIC is on my main workstation...
  6. M

Had a quick Google and can't find anything about said issue?....
  7. M

You have to be kidding!?! One of my boxes is an HP Z820 workstation with 256GB for VMs. I seriously hope it works with that. Are there workarounds with removing RAM? Is it related to driver version or fw flashing? Does it occur with both the X520 and X540?
  8. M

Whole-home fiber network

You're insane....
  9. M

So in bed with an awful hangover, I decided that retail therapy was the answer and have bought 2x DELL JM42W Dual Port 10 GBe (copper) NICs that I believe are basically intel X520-T2. Can anyone tell me if I can simply use the std Intel Drivers for these or if they are Dell specific (like the...
  10. M

Tips for SMB 3.0 Multichannel Performance Improvements

EnableMultiChannel is true. Are there any other parameters you want to know specifically? [I cannot cut and paste between those machines and internet connected, so i need to type manually.] This isnt my kit so i cant put other nics in, this is a test with existing kit to improve bandwidth...
  11. M

PS Anyone know if SMB multichannel works on Win 10?
  12. M

I have two servers, each has 4 NIC ports, and dual CPU 12 core. On each 2 ports are intel I350-T2 and the other are some fujitsu crap. I have not managed above 220 MB/s transfer rates, although i have managed to see traffic on all 4 ports, so SMB is working. Can anyone suggest things i can try...
  13. M

A Couple of Q' About a Couple of LSI RAID Cards

All swapped over seamlessly: I now benefit from the 512 mb RAM on the LSI card (double), I have the CacheCade Pro 2.0 installed plus the BBU Thanks again!
  14. M

A Couple of Q' About a Couple of LSI RAID Cards

Hi I have an IBM ServeRAID M5014 and an LSI 9260-8i. The former has a BBU, the latter does not. The latter has CacheCade Pro 2.0 the former does not. So what makes sense to me is to move my array onto the LSI card after fitting the BBU to it. 1) Is this possible? 2) What is entailed when...
  15. M

Advice Connecting Drives to LSI 9260-8i

I am connecting drives in a RAID 5 array. What is the best way to connect them to the ports? Spread them over the two or all on one? Is there a performance gain from utilising both ports compared with say 4 drives on one? Thanks
  16. M

ServeRAID M5014 to LSI 9260-8i

Thanks, really appreciate that assistance. I seem to have done it successfully, in that I am have been able to flash from Windows using MSM, the very latest LSI FW (which i was unable to before). However, in device manager the device still shows as a ServeRAID M5014. Does this mean something...
  17. M

So i followed the guide not realising that it does not mentioned how to obtain all the required files - The FW is easy to download from LSI, but I cannot get the SBR*.bin files from anywhere - After clearing the SBR I now have a RAID card prompts with an error on every boot: Serial Boot Rom...
  18. M

Hi all Just before i brick my new RAID card, i thought i better just ask. Is using the MegaRec tool, as per this guide suitable for NON-SuperMicro machines? How to Flash IBM ServeRAID M5014 to LSI 9260-8i Firmware My MB is a consumer Gigabyte board, i have no SuperMicro boards [sad face]...
  19. M

Network related for an ambulance but don't know where else to ask

Hi Sorry if this has been mentioned before, but I've been involved with the setup of two systems one for a very secure defence network, and another for a public services solution (child protection level secure). Both could use any WiFi it could see, and the software to create the VPN tunnel...
  20. M

Windows 10 Enterprise + Hyper-V cannot connect to VM?

Do you have full admin rights on your machine? How did you install Hyper-V or did your admin dept? Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk