A Couple of Q' About a Couple of LSI RAID Cards

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

MikhailCompo

Feb 14, 2017
Hi

I have an IBM ServeRAID M5014 and an LSI 9260-8i.

The former has a BBU, the latter does not. The latter has CacheCade Pro 2.0 the former does not.

So what makes sense to me is to move my array onto the LSI card after fitting the BBU to it.

1) Is this possible?
2) What is entailed when moving an array from one controller to another? Do i need to export/import configs or anything? Is there any data in the array meaning the controller will automatically recognise the setup? DO i need to ensure drives are on identical cables/ports?

Any advice/assistance from you knowledgeable guys most appreciated!

j_h_o

Apr 21, 2015
California, US
1. Yes, this should work OK, but do it during a maintenance window, and ensure you have a backup of the array.
2. Nothing. The metadata is on the disks, and the card/firmware should pick up the foreign array and offer to import it. You don't need to ensure it's on the correct/same cables/ports.

Ensure both cards are on latest firmware before proceeding.

Reactions: MikhailCompo

MikhailCompo

Feb 14, 2017
All swapped over seamlessly: I now benefit from the 512 mb RAM on the LSI card (double), I have the CacheCade Pro 2.0 installed plus the BBU

Thanks again!