Search results

1. R

Testing a LGA2011 CPU

OK, I think I may have got lucky. I've rescued a couple of E5-2699 V3 from a skip (dumpster for you guys on the left-hand side of the pond ;-) ) and as far as know they work. While I'd love to construct a kick-ass AIO around one of them I've gotta be realalistic and try to realise their value...
  2. R

Compact lab/hydration host

I already run a modified HP ML110 G7 to handle my 'production' VM's (DC, TV recorder, storage, etc) and I have accumulated four N40/N54 Microservers to 'play' with in recent years. However for some scenarios such as a hydration lab host or a portable test environment I'm starting to think...
  3. R

Interesting chart

Don't if anyone has seen this before:- ZFS ON LINUX Vs ZFS on OI Chart compares ZFSguru, Freenas, Nas4free, Opensolaris, Nexentor and Linux-ZFS. P.
  4. R

ThinkServer TS140 with FREE 2012 R2 Essentials

"For a limited time only, Lenovo are offering £75 cash back on the TS140 tower server and an insane £200 cash back on the Windows Server 2012 R2 Essentials software, effectively making it completely free of charge - when purchased with the TS140."...
  5. R

N54L based storage box

I've been lurking on here for some time, enjoying the ingenuity and useful insights since a colleague at a previous clients put me onto ZFS about 3 years ago. I've amassed 4 HP Microservers (2x N40, 2x N54) and an ML110 G7 which I use as VMware hosts and to experiment. There is also a home brew...
  6. R

All in one build - where to store Nexenta VM

Hi, Been reading this site for a while and playing with Nexenta (very impressive) on a HP Microserver. While I'll continue to use them for experimenting I want to put together something to replace my ageing socket 478 based server that handles my domain and storage. I've recently acquired...