Search results

1. T

Help me make a final decision!

Thanks--I'm back to the drawing board with the beta unit no longer available. I've considered the Mikrotiks but my understanding is they are woefully underpowered and can't do simple things like link aggregation. At this point I'm leaning quantum lb6m and doing some fan mods.
  2. T

Ubiquiti Beta US-16-XG $299

Oh crap..just when I finally decide I want in they are gone. Damn!!
  3. T

Thanks for the feedback all. I think I'm going the Ubiquiti route. I'm certain I want their AP's so being able to tie that management in is attractive.
  4. T

40gbe DAC/fiber cables

Yeah I know I've been leaning that way and think I'll end up with a Cisco for learning and use the uplinks to the Ubiquiti.
  5. T

40gbe DAC/fiber cables

Thanks to Jeff and the others in this thread I've jumped on 2 of the HP's as well and the QSFP+ to SFP+ adapters Whitey linked. 60 shipped for each card and 14 shipped for the adapters. Bit more than the connectx-2 but I love the future proofing!! Now to figure out which switch to get!
  6. T

Hey all--I'm about ready to pull my hair out trying to make a decision on a new switch and looking to others for feedback. My goals are the following: 1) get additional 1gb ports (currently using old netgear 8-port desktop switch plus 4 ports on router) 2) get a minimum of 2-10g SFP+ (or older...
  7. T

Intel X710-DA2 deals

Thanks Patrick--I'd love to see a write up of the differences. Specifically the x710 to the x520. Looking at intel's site there would appear to be little if nothing different.
  8. T

SAMSUNG PM853T 960GB - $159.99

I knew I shouldn't have checked this thread again...so close with 12 and will probably convince myself I can use 20.
  9. T

Gigabit + 10Gb Switches under $550

Thanks for the info here!! This seems to be the right thread--assuming one was looking for a little more functionality than the CRS226 (vlan, LAG etc) and "wanted to future proof a bit" with the 2x SFP+ which would you recommend? Don't have a strong 10g case right now but will in the...
  10. T

Storage server virtualization build--which way to go?

Hi all-- I currently am looking to build a new performance storage solution for a home virtualization environment. I have a Norco 20x unraid NAS for media etc so i'm looking at a new performance based build for a loaded Poweredge T610 to connect to. Obviously must serve iSCSI...what do I...