Search results

1. T

Dell R720 just died...

it did work properly with 1 PSU before it just decided to give up, but I will see if swapping in a new PSU fixes the issue...
  2. T

Dell R720 just died...

So, I disconnected both PSUs and only plugged in the good one. The PSU lights up green, but there are still no lights on the iDRAC. No noise, no post, no nothing... Are there any other options? Can you restart the iDRAC or force a BIOS or Firmware reset, and if so, how? Thanks.
  3. T

Dell R720 just died...

Morning all. I have a Dell R720 I got from my office decommissioning stuff a few months back, and tried plugging it in and turning it on a few days ago. The first thing I noticed was one of the PSUs just clicks when it gets plugged in, but the second one works properly... So, it started up and...
  4. T

Gigabyte ME33-AR0 AMD EPYC 8004 Motherboard Review

Quick typo... got me wondering if i was reading this right, but guessing: In the socket are the AMD EPYC 8004 CPUs that scale up to 64 cores using Xeon 4c cores, the same that are in “Bergamo“. Should be "Zen 4c cores"....
  5. T

Three New AMD EPYC Genoa-X SKUs with up to 48MB L3 cache per Core or 1.1GB Total

768GB of L3 cache is a LOT but I think you meant 768MB... These will be beasts though! a couple of the 9684Xs in GodBoxV4 would be very tasty! :P
  6. T

The Dell PowerEdge C6220 Thread

Not sure if there are 2 mezzanine slots on some, but mine has 2 cards... one dual 10Gb as a mezz card, and the SAS controller in a PCI-E slot... could that be what you are seeing?
  7. T

Home office WAN Aggregation/Bonding Options

Thanks. Ill drop them a mail and see what they say... was kind of thinking of it for our office, given we may be moving to a datacenter at some stage, but also for home user... pricing will probably stop those thoughts, especially if i need a larger box capable of 2gb routing...
  8. T

Home office WAN Aggregation/Bonding Options

Can i ask a potentially stupid question here... looking at this for an office, we have 2 links: a 450mb/s and a 300mb/s link, both symmetrical. i need 2 of these devices, once in the office and, say, one in a datacenter, but i would need a Balance 305 or above before i could get the bandwidth i...
  9. T

EU deprecated - NVDimm package sale - ultimate slog (with caveats)

I am going to ask a couple of potential stupid questions.... got an X11 SuperMicro board, and its currently got 16 slots, 6 used by RAM... If putting these in, do i need just 1 or 2? In the photos i can see the DIMM itself, but what is the other thing that looks like an SSD? Hows that work...
  10. T

X11DPH-T Bios 3.0x with ES CPU?

hmmm... good point... on a more different note: what settings should be changed for PCI-E? had a look, and cant see anything jumping out at me... Thanks.
  11. T

Well, if you look at the release notes (https://www.supermicro.com/Bios/softfiles/11392/P-X11DPH-I-T(Q)_BIOS_3_3_release_notes.pdf) there are a few security fixes, along with other fixes... and I AM running a B0 processor...
  12. T

Thanks for the info on the PCI-E parameters... i am moving some files around and when finished, i will reboot and see what i can see... As for the B0 stuff, pity... there was something in an earlier thread on the forums somewhere, where someone from Supermicro had said it was a mistake... i was...
  13. T

Morning all. I know I'mlate to the Party here, but i noticed that there is a 3.2 and a 3.3 BIOS up on Supermicro's site at the moment... I also read somewhere that the removing of the B0 microcode was a mistake on Supermicro's end, and that they would be adding it back... given 3.1 still has the...
  14. T

EU closed

stupid question: is it 110 for each of the 8 drives, or 110 for the lot?
  15. T

EU July clearance: ECC Ram, Dual APU2 HA 1U, EVGA 1080 and more

I would be interested in 3 of the Mikrotik S+RJ10 and the 840 Evo 1TB.... I'm in Ireland... Whats the best you could do?
  16. T

EU FS: Hitachi Ultrastar 2TB, HP StorageWorks D2600, Fibre Channel switches, 2.5" SAS disks etc

any idea what the shipping to Ireland would be? would be looking for 2-4 of the 2tb drives.... [updated to what i was actually looking for...]
  17. T

Supermicro 64 GB SATA DOM (SSD-DM064-PHI) - $59.99

feck... looking for something like this for a Dell C6100 and HP storage servers... would be perfect for booting Windows Nano Server...
  18. T

Supermicro 64 GB SATA DOM (SSD-DM064-PHI) - $59.99

how do these get powered? is it just a normal SATA port they work with, or only supermicro specific?
  19. T

Hp Storageworks P4300 G2 - Fans and SSD

Morning all... long time reader, first time poster! a few months back, i managed to buy 2 HP Storageworks P4300 G2 servers with dual quad xeons, 12gb ram and 8 1TB SAS disks... I have been busy, and never got around to sorting them out (first boot to confirm all was good, but not much else)...