X11DPH-T Bios 3.0x with ES CPU?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

JoshDi

Jun 13, 2019
I have a Supermicro x11spi-tf-o with Intel QL1K ES processor. Can someone share the v2.1 of the bios? Can you share the MMTool 5.02_patched so I can modify the microcodes in the bios? Currently I cannot get the board to display any VGA output (board posts fine with power LED on and BMC/IPMI led blinking) - I dont get any USB power, but the CPU fan is running and no beeps/errors on the board.

JoshDi

Jun 13, 2019
Supermicro is telling me that via my serial number, they can confirm the BIOS for this board is v3.1, which doesnt have support for skylake-sp es (50652). They are not sharing older bioses (2.x) and told me there is a lockout feature with prevents downgrading to these bioses.

Can I modify the v3.2 bios to include the skylake-sp es (50652) microcode for my Intel Q1LK?

RolloZ170

Apr 24, 2016
Supermicro is telling me that via my serial number, they can confirm the BIOS for this board is v3.1, which doesnt have support for skylake-sp es (50652). They are not sharing older bioses (2.x) and told me there is a lockout feature with prevents downgrading to these bioses.

Can I modify the v3.2 bios to include the skylake-sp es (50652) microcode for my Intel Q1LK?
maybe that does not work too.
the bios chip is not soldered right ?
ask a seller of bios chips for a chip with old bios in it.

JoshDi

Jun 13, 2019
no it isnt soldered. How do I find a seller that will provide me a bios chip with the old bios?

JoshDi

Jun 13, 2019
Supermicro wasn't helpful via their email/ticket system.

I called their 24 hour support line and they sent me the v2.1 bios! After activating the IPMI interface, I was able to downgrade from bios v3.1 to v2.1.The Ql1k chip now boots and functions properly. Crisis averted!

Reactions: RolloZ170

tiernano

Dec 14, 2016
Morning all. I know I'mlate to the Party here, but i noticed that there is a 3.2 and a 3.3 BIOS up on Supermicro's site at the moment... I also read somewhere that the removing of the B0 microcode was a mistake on Supermicro's end, and that they would be adding it back... given 3.1 still has the issue, anyone know if 3.2 or 3.3 has it fixed? I am having issues with my graphics card not showing up after a reboot, and i am trying to figure out if its BIOS related or graphics card related...

Thanks.

RolloZ170

Apr 24, 2016
Morning all. I know I'mlate to the Party here, but i noticed that there is a 3.2 and a 3.3 BIOS up on Supermicro's site at the moment... I also read somewhere that the removing of the B0 microcode was a mistake on Supermicro's end, and that they would be adding it back... given 3.1 still has the issue, anyone know if 3.2 or 3.3 has it fixed? I am having issues with my graphics card not showing up after a reboot, and i am trying to figure out if its BIOS related or graphics card related...

Thanks.
removing of the B0 microcode was not a mistake, there is not enough space in the mc section of the bios
because there are 3 new microcodes for cascade lake. beside that there is a new processor initialisation code that can not start older processors such as B0 skylake.
For your GPU problems you should check all the pcie slot parameters in the bios, set them from auto to manual i.e.

tiernano

Dec 14, 2016
removing of the B0 microcode was not a mistake, there is not enough space in the mc section of the bios
because there are 3 new microcodes for cascade lake. beside that there is a new processor initialisation code that can not start older processors such as B0 skylake.
For your GPU problems you should check all the pcie slot parameters in the bios, set them from auto to manual i.e.
Thanks for the info on the PCI-E parameters... i am moving some files around and when finished, i will reboot and see what i can see... As for the B0 stuff, pity... there was something in an earlier thread on the forums somewhere, where someone from Supermicro had said it was a mistake... i was kind of hoping it was... I have seen options to modify the bios and add the correct microcode... know if that is possible with the newer 3.2 release?

RolloZ170

Apr 24, 2016
, where someone from Supermicro had said it was a mistake... i was kind of hoping it was... I have seen options to modify the bios and add the correct microcode... know if that is possible with the newer 3.2 release?
why keep a microcode if a processor series is not supported anymore.
as i know bios 3.x is not moddable to support B0 skylake because it is not only the missing MC, maybe i am wrong. and if someone runs a B0 skylake, for what he needs bios 3.x ???

tiernano

Dec 14, 2016
hmmm... good point... on a more different note: what settings should be changed for PCI-E? had a look, and cant see anything jumping out at me... Thanks.

Macca1

Jul 19, 2020
Thanks for this and the other related posts in this thread, managed to get my new version X11 DPH to recognise a QL1K after applying this BIOS update. I used the IPMI upload route - using the license 'work-around' ;) which worked well. Note for the less experienced like me it takes a few reboots and looks like it's struggling for a few minutes before it starts cleanly. Thanks again.

Reactions: RolloZ170

Gianni9

Mar 31, 2021
hi i have a 3,4 BIOS on a X11DPH-i
the motherboard with 2 x ES QL1K does not boot.
via BMC i uploaded bios 2.1 sucesfull, but also now the mainboard does not show any signal on monitor.

maybe i need to downgrade also the firmware ?

Attachments

RolloZ170

Apr 24, 2016
hi i have a 3,4 BIOS on a X11DPH-i
the motherboard with 2 x ES QL1K does not boot.
via BMC i uploaded bios 2.1 sucesfull, but also now the mainboard does not show any signal on monitor.

maybe i need to downgrade also the firmware ?
i am not sure if 2.1 is low enough. try 2.0a or lower.

Gianni9

Mar 31, 2021
i have same motherboard and same cpus on another machine, and has got 2.1 BIOS and working fine.

Now the only differences is firmware.

Attachments

RolloZ170

Apr 24, 2016
i have same motherboard and same cpus on another machine, and has got 2.1 BIOS and working fine.
Now the only differences is firmware.
...and the ME region. downgrade of ME is critical because of security.
downgrade of BMC firmware can brick the board.