EXPIRED 1.92TB PM983 $75

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

foureight84

Jun 26, 2018
Last edited:

bvd

Jan 2, 2021
Dangit! Sold out :(

Heck of a deal IMO, they significantly underpriced for the current market!

Reactions: Samir

bvd

Jan 2, 2021
Offer of $65 auto-accepted earlier. Woo!

Looking forward to my first 110mm NVMEs with PLP.

Thanks @foureight84 !
Thats honestly a screamer of a deal, even before these recent price hikes... I'm quite envious!

Still holding out hope for the possibility of eventually finding a seller trying to offload some insane number of 2-4TB SATA SSDs; dreaming of ~$30-40 or ~$50-60 micron 5100 pros (or similar) so I can build out another small ceph cluster and basically never (well, the homelab version of "never"... so maybe 3 months? lolololol) have to worry about IO bottlenecks again :D

Reactions: Samir and izx

foureight84

Jun 26, 2018
Thats honestly a screamer of a deal, even before these recent price hikes... I'm quite envious!

Still holding out hope for the possibility of eventually finding a seller trying to offload some insane number of 2-4TB SATA SSDs; dreaming of ~$30-40 or ~$50-60 micron 5100 pros (or similar) so I can build out another small ceph cluster and basically never (well, the homelab version of "never"... so maybe 3 months? lolololol) have to worry about IO bottlenecks again :D
Hopefully soon and hopefully those SSDs aren't on their last leg.

Reactions: Samir

foureight84

Jun 26, 2018
I was 100% expecting it to go to "your offer has been sent...24 hours...etc" and then just Buy It Now at 75 (knowing that the STH effect was incoming).
It was up for about a week and I waited for my order to arrive to see if it's legit. I only made the post after I spent an hour deciding if I wanted to buy 2 more to satiate my bargain hunter side and the data hoarding dark lord before making the deal post. Good thing I did because there were 5 left after I purchased and 4 were gone in just 10 minutes.

Reactions: Samir and itronin

foureight84

Jun 26, 2018
I have a set 4 of these in a ZFS array... think I paid ~$80ea about a month ago for them. One of them got hit by the ERRORMOD issue; I was able to recover the drive using this handy thread, but the recovery may involve data loss.
Thanks for posting about this. I was wondering how to upgrade firmwares for these.