Pulling my hair out trying to get Supermicro IPMI to work

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

icarus69

Apr 6, 2024
Am new to all of this, but based on everything I've read online, I feel like I'm doing everything right. But I still can't connect to the IPMI.

Screenshots of BIOS.

Firstly, the IP address doesn't show up during post. Secondly, attempting to type in the IP address I assigned in the BMC settings returns nothing.

Any help?

Motherboard: Supermicro X11SCA-F

CPU: Intel i3-9100

RAM: 2x 32GB Samsung DDR4 2666Mhz ECC RAM 32GB UDIMM M391A4G43MB1-CTDQ

PSU: Corsair SF850L

HBA: LSI 6Gbps SAS HBA LSI 9240-8i = (9211-8I) IT Mode

HDDs: 3x WD Red Plus 6TB

SSD: 1x Transcend SSD370S 32 GB 2.5 Inch SATA III 6 Gb/s (array in order to use the 3x HDDs as my actual array as a ZFS pool)

CPU fan: Noctua NH-L12S

Case fan: 1x Arctic P12 PWM PST

AiC

Oct 28, 2018
This is how I have mine set.

On the BMC configuration page:

IPMI LAN Selection: Set to dedicated

Update IPMI Lan Configuration: set to yes (if not set it will not save any changes when you reboot)

Configuration Address Source: Set to Static if you in put the IP on this page. Set to DHCP if you have the static IP set in your router.

Station IP: Set to the IP that you want if setting up as static

Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0

Router IP: IP of your router

F4 or whatever key to save changes and reboot

That should get you there. My X10SRi board shows the BMC IP at boot, the X10SLL does not.

ddaenen1

Jul 7, 2020
as mentioned, IP LAN should be dedicated and set to DHCP. Never understand why you would want to set static in a device. I always do that in the router.

RolloZ170

Apr 24, 2016
Firstly, the IP address doesn't show up during post. Secondly, attempting to type in the IP address I assigned in the BMC settings returns nothing.

Any help?
you connected this PCs LAN2 to a router ? why not DHCP to be sure you have the correct settings.