Recent content by zkrr01

1. Z

Mellanox NIC Heatsinks

I don't think the heatsinks come from Mellanox. all the cards from Mellanox I see don't have them. However most of the cards I see on eBay have the heatsinks.
  2. Z

Mellanox NIC Heatsinks

On a lot of the Mellanox NIC's I have seen on eBay contain a heatsink over the large circuit chip. They all appear to be a standard size and all the Mellanox cards I have seen appear to have holes already on the card for the heatsink. Where can I obtain these heatsinks?
  3. Z

Mellanox WinOF powershell cmdlets not working in Windows 10 (ConnectX-3 SMB Direct/RDMA)

That guide had nothing to so with workstations or servers or direct connect or switches. It's just was not possible to use that guide with workstations prior to "Windows 10 Pro for Workstations" version. Prior to that the client side could be a workstation but the other side had to be a...
  4. Z

Mellanox WinOF powershell cmdlets not working in Windows 10 (ConnectX-3 SMB Direct/RDMA)

I just noticed ConnectX-3 Pro and it stuck in my mind. I recently brought 40GbE cards on the recommendation of Mellanox and now I wish I did more research. Mellanox also had 40/50 and 40.56 cards for about the same price. I should have brought the used ConnectX-3 card and also got 40/56. Now...
  5. Z

I just noticed your interface 21 showed 10 GbE I would have thought your NIC would do 40GbE
  6. Z

I followed the article My little Windows Garden to verify rdma was working. Try that and see if any of the commands fail. It looks like you are almost there!
  7. Z

I was having the same problems until I updated my workstations to "Windows 10 Pro for Workstations". Then when I ran : PS C:\work> Get-SmbClientNetworkInterface it showed my 40GbE NIC returned it was RDMA Capable it started working! It looks like you have upgraded your workstations, does...
  8. Z

Network NICS

I am doing host to host, so how do I do 56GbE? I found the posting, but it only pertains to ConnectX-3 and I have ConnectX-4 so it looks like it cannot be done.
  9. Z

Network NICS

I have two Mellanox 40GbE Cx4131A-BCAT ConnectX-4 LX NIC's direct connect in my workstations. I see the same specifications shown on the internet as being 40/56 GbE. Why is the same CX4131A-BCAT cards shown in some places as 40GbE and other places as 40/56GbE? Could it a firmware option?
  10. Z

Network NICS

What is the meaning and differences of the terms CCAT ECAT FCAT in NIC's?
  11. Z

Mellanox ConnectX-5EN 100GbE dual port NIC

Never mind, I found the instructions. Thanks a lot Rand, you helped a lot and saved me a lot of money.
  12. Z

How do I switch the MCX456A card to ethernet?
  13. Z

Ok, I ordered two of the MCX456A-ECAT from ebay. Any idea what the part number for a 1 meter direct correct cable?
  14. Z

MCX416A-CCAT I looked for used, but I did not find any 100GbE much cheaper and no assurance they worked!
  15. Z

For new, the best I could find is a MCX415A-CCAT and they were $795 and up.