Recent content by Xeroxxx

1. X

EU Huawei RH2288H V3 (ddr4/v4) full fronts 187€

There are no issues with ESXi 7, all v3 and v4 CPUs are supported. You may have to set allowlegacycpu on ESXi 8 Update 2, as it requires XSAVE. XSAVE comes with Intel Sandy Bridge. You may have to set it for V3. v4 is fully supported without any restrictions. VMware Compatibility Guide - cpu
  2. X

Yes, I run 2 x 2660v4 and tested a 2690v4 as well. However its mentioned in the manual. No limit. You can manually overwrite the fan speed. I have no issues running the 2x 2660v4 at 26% fan speed under full load. There is no limitations on memory or sockets. As I recall there was a limit on...
  3. X

All v3 and v4 aswell as QS. No requirement. The screws have a spring, they have the right amount of pressure. The screws are all the way down. Torque has nothing to do with pressure of the cooler.
  4. X

Tesla P4 - 8GB / US$ 100 or even lower

Thats not correct. Thats completely unrelated to proxmox. You are required to license every guest system. You need the host drivers as well. There is no way around execpt the ways I mentioned. Getting the drivers isnt an issue.
  5. X

You can do so, it works fine. If you‘re willing to apply for a new trial account every 90 days, able to purchase a license or happy with an older driver that allows to extend downscaling/restrictions to 24h instead of 15 minutes.
  6. X

Huawei Servers Resources: RH2288Hv3 | 5288v3 |

Technically this happens as nihonjin mentioned with cpu replacement or added gpus. However you can ignore that and overwrite the fans manually via SSH on the BMC. ipmcset -d fanmode -v 1 0 ipmcset -d fanlevel -v 35
  7. X

I do have multiple P4 and a P40. I've read your thread on huawei forums. Safe your time. It does not work beside being noted in the manual. Tesla M work fine, starting with P they are being throttled no matter what you do. I initially thought my server was damaged. ---------------------------...
  8. X

Intel® 82599 10 Gigabit Ethernet Controller - Product Info, Docs,...
  9. X

Yeah thats exactly the issue. I had the problem when using a Xeon Phi. However I greatly ignored it and manually set the fans. You can manually set the fans via SSH on BMC. ipmcset -d fanmode -v 1 0 # 1 means manuall, 0 timeout in seconds (0 = infinite) ipmcset -d fanlevel -v <percentage>...
  10. X

Any Add-in PCIe cards plugged? Which processor modell?
  11. X

Made you a graphic of the Riser Pinout. Technically a 1:1 Mapping to PCIe Plug. However its physically a EPS 8PIN Plug. Riser to PCIe (Consumer): PCI-E 8pin to Dual 8pin(6+2) For DELL R720 R730 GPU Video Card Power Cable 35cm | eBay (Hard to see pinouts, check before use) Riser to EPS8PIN...
  12. X

Yes, depends on the GPU. The riser has EPS 12V 8 PIN. I do have a M60 and P40. What GPU you want to power? Consumer (PCIe) or Server GPU (EPS) like a Tesla?
  13. X

If you install NVIDIA vGPU drivers yes. or you may try this: 2 Gamers 1 GPU with Hyper V GPU-P (GPU Partitioning finally made possible with HyperV) - Hardware / GPU - Level1Techs Forums
  14. X

I tried that as well. They want proof of your organisation, this will be forwarded to NVIDIA. This doesn't change that it stays B2B. Howerver give it a try.
  15. X

Licensces are explained here: Virtual-GPU-Packaging-and-Licensing-Guide.pdf (nvidia.com) However they won't sell you the licenses, as its only B2B. As noone wants to sell me licenses I signup for trial every 90 days.