Recent content by xbliss

1. X

Anyone got the Original Windows/ System Restore ISO/ CD/ DVD for HP z240 line of Workstations?

Anyone got the Original Windows/ System Restore ISO/ CD/ DVD for HP z240 line of Workstations? Where could I get my hands one one - digitally or physically? PS : Repost - Was in dilemma of which sub forum would be the best place for ask for this.
  2. X

Anyone got the Original Windows/ System Restore ISO/ CD/ DVD for HP z240 line of Workstations?

Anyone got the Original Windows/ System Restore ISO/ CD/ DVD for HP z240 line of Workstations? Where could I get my hands one one - digitally or physically?
  3. X

What are latest/ last Gen of CPUs Chipsets (Mobile, Desktop/ Workstation) from Intel AMD still support & can run Win 8.1? As is or Mods w/o W10 push?

Thank you for that detail - Appreciate the insight. I've been quite out of touch with CPUs Mobos and such info due to health. Is that available or in any of these? - Hoping to snag a used one for low $ if I can...
  4. X

Tiny/Mini/Micro PC experiences

Are there any SkyLake / Kaby lake gen/ intersection devices this category with motherboard chipsets that support / work with Windows 8.1 / Win 2012 R2...
  5. X

What are latest/ last Gen of CPUs Chipsets (Mobile, Desktop/ Workstation) from Intel AMD still support & can run Win 8.1? As is or Mods w/o W10 push?

I might even run a Win 10/ Win 11 VHD. But would like to have Win 8.1 native partition/ VHD for use with some old stuff.
  6. X

Tiny/Mini/Micro PC experiences

I was wondering if I could leverage one of these used cheap ones for the following scenario: What are latest/ last Gen of CPUs Chipsets (Mobile, Desktop/ Workstation) from Intel AMD still support & can run Win 8.1? As is or Mods w/o W10 push?
  7. X

What are latest/ last Gen of CPUs Chipsets (Mobile, Desktop/ Workstation) from Intel AMD still support & can run Win 8.1? As is or Mods w/o W10 push? What are the latest/ last Gen of CPUs Chipsets (Mobile, Desktop/ Workstation) from Intel AMD still support & can run Windows 8.1? officially or...
  8. X

CPU / Laptop Mounts: Any ready designs or mod/ hacks to attach to desk Metal Frame instead of a wood tabletop? (Under desk or In/ Outer sides of legs)

CPU / Laptop Mounts: Any ready designs or mod/ hacks to attach to desk Metal Frame instead of a wood tabletop? (Under desk or In/ Outer sides of legs)? CPU / Laptop Mounts: Any ready designs or mod/ hacks to attach to desk Metal Frame instead of a wood tabletop? (Under desk or In/ Outer sides...
  9. X

Dell H700: need SPD file

I am getting the same error on a Dell Poweredge T410 with PERC H700 RAID Controller. Funky thing is, it was just disconnected and removed for a month to try another controller. So, will flashing it fix this? Also, how do I do the above Flash correctly? What tool/ steps for the attached ZIP...
  10. X

WTB any good deals?: ECC RAM Bundles for Old Dell Poweredge T410 via Ebay or other sources?

Do share your thoughts on the posts/ replies above. Is it possible to use these CPUs on this box? This was obtained in 2011/12. It works and still way more powerful that whats needed. Not everyone operates with your budget :)
  11. X

WTB any good deals?: ECC RAM Bundles for Old Dell Poweredge T410 via Ebay or other sources?

PS: Also I have another T410 that's currently down for some tiny reason. Need to debug. Are the CPUs you linked compatible? Put together? Current CPU 1: Intel Xeon L5506 Cores 4 Threads 4 Name Intel Xeon L5506 Code Name Gainestown Package Socket 1366 LGA...
  12. X

Unbuffered versus Registered ECC Memory - Difference between ECC UDIMMs and RDIMMs Also, would it make sense to get one type over other? Pros & Cons? Wider? Compatability?
  13. X

Was hoping to find a bundle like this - 8 x 8 GB - I guess that will max it out? 64gb (8x 8gb) PC3L-10600R 2Rx4 DDR3-1333MHz ECC Reg Server Memory RAM | eBay Would that work? Is there an upper limit on the Higher Freq memory that I can use, past which I would not be able use those memory...
  14. X

Highest Freq DD3 RAM Chips that at Dell T410 will be able to use/ support? I'd like to upgrade the RAM. I know that higher speced RAM works on lower spec / clock CPU + Mobo, so let me know the highest ECC RAM modules I can look for? From: Dell PowerEdge T410 (DDR3-1066MHz) (Reg.ECC) Memory...