CPU / Laptop Mounts: Any ready designs or mod/ hacks to attach to desk Metal Frame instead of a wood tabletop? (Under desk or In/ Outer sides of legs)

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

xbliss

Sep 26, 2015
CPU / Laptop Mounts: Any ready designs or mod/ hacks to attach to desk Metal Frame instead of a wood tabletop? (Under desk or In/ Outer sides of legs)?

https://www.reddit.com/r/StandingDesk/search?q=flair_name:"Howto"&restrict_sr=1
CPU / Laptop Mounts: Any ready designs or mod/ hacks to attach to desk Metal Frame instead of a wood tabletop? (Under desk or In/ Outer sides of legs)?
Most CPU mounts seem to be designed to be attached to the wood table top from under-side or some attach to in/ outer side of legs.

PS: To be added In Context of
- Electric motorized Height Adjustable Sit Stand Desk
- Intending to use Tiny/ Mini Micro PC / CPUs as the non laptop Home Box/ NAS.

Why?
  • I like to keep things modular and "knock-down" friendly (easy pack, move, reassemble)
    • using Hex bolts & Allen keys. Whoever came up with the above was simplified genius.
  • I hate the idea of screwing things into the wood, esp if I felt like changing the workspace & locations of things above / below or under - add to it a woe of cabling changes.
  • The more modular & remove/ reposition/ re-attach able things are the easier the devices/ placements/ cable routing and management as one's setup evolves over time; exponentially with changing tech.
  • I will likely be changing the wood top in the near future and am using self-tapping threaded wood inserts + hex bolts to fasten the wood top to the metal frame.
I was hoping to find
  • CPU & Laptop MOUNTS with their designs such that can directly attach to or hang from the metal frame (maybe the horizontal section / cross-bar or legs) in some ways?
AND / OR
  • Examples / Ideas of Simple mods/hacks/augmentation to help with the above?
    • Maybe using a few L /S/ C section channels/ angles/ brackets to bridge between the Mounts & FRAME?
    • Maybe using Lashing / Cargo Straps etc.
    • Other ideas..
Anyone - experiences or product examples and/or mod hack ideas?