Recent content by VirtualBacon

1. V

1U Supermicro Server 6x 10GBE RJ45 X10SLH-LN6TF LGA 1150 H3 X10SLH-N6-ST031

I just got a chassis with one of these in, I don't need the board or CPU. Do these boards use a lot of idle power? I could do with a new board in my secondary TrueNAS box, but I don't need 6 x 10GbE
  2. V

Multiple VLAN Setup help needed

The way you describe it, it sounds correct and something is just acting weird Can you share screenshots or everything?
  3. V

Looking for a 1u Redundant PSU Chassis with 2 x 2.5 bays

Oh yeah, that does look like a decent chassis. A lot of my objections is just that there are a ton of drive bays on the front, only 2 of which would be used I could probably use the 2 on the far right, and then 3D print some kind of cover to go in place of the left ones, that would be pretty cool
  4. V

Anyone got thoughts on these? CSE-813LT-R500CB...
  5. V

Is it mainly an air sound, or is it the horrible small fan sound? I may bite the bullet, really want those redundant PSU's!
  6. V

Modify short pci bracket for full length slot?

What card? Could 3D print one
  7. V

Hows the noise on the 815? My current chassis has just 2 x deep 40mm fans and is decent
  8. V

Of course, I had an ERL which failed and I temporarily ran PFSENSE in a VM for 4 years Ended up switching to physical and never did plug in the ERL again...
  9. V

Do you just restore the entire config, or just have one configured similarly? I did toy with the idea of just throwing a pfsense VM in ESXi, configured with all the same VLAN's etc. If I could find a way to sync DHCP/DNS/Wireguard config, that would be easy I could terminate WAN into a switch...
  10. V

I did think about just not going down the redundant PSU route, but honestly if the PSU failed on Friday, what a ruined weekend!
  11. V

Ah, no way to flash to HBA/IT mode for that. Shame! Oh well
  12. V

Haha, I have that open as well as this one...
  13. V

The CSE-815 is on my radar, it may be my best choice. Sadly I will then also need to purchase some rails, bumping up the cost, and I will need some 3.5 to 2.5 adapters
  14. V

SuperChassis 510T-203B is perfect apart from no redundant PSU Also, pretty pricey used But, I would then have an identical spare PSU