Modify short pci bracket for full length slot?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Breezy2428

Jul 30, 2023
I have a 4 port nic with a short bracket I want to install it in a regular case. I looked for a bracket for it online, they are either stupid expensive or have 1 month delivery times.

I am thinking of flattening out the ear, drilling it for a screw and large washer to hold everything in place with clamping pressure/friction.

Has anyone done similar or have any ideas?

Last edited:

nexox

May 3, 2023
Most low profile cards use a standardized screw location for the bracket, so you don't necessarily need one for that exact NIC, if you're handy with a dremel or even just a metal file you can likely make lots of different brackets work.

This screw setup doesn't look too bad though, I could definitely leave that for a few years.

RedX1

Aug 11, 2017
Hello

Your " crude but functional" solution amused me a lot.

Most won't notice, but a NAS Bolt and a Kaynar Nut will cost more than any new bracket.

It is great to see Ingenuity at work

Have fun.

RedX1

Breezy2428

Jul 30, 2023
Most won't notice, but a NAS Bolt and a Kaynar Nut will cost more than any new bracket.
LOL, I did not think anyone would notice, fortunately I did not buy the hardware. perfect 3 thread protrusion.
They did want $35 for the bracket on Amazon, or $2 (plus shipping) on ebay with 1 month delivery, neither option was palatable.

Last edited:

Breezy2428

Jul 30, 2023
It's an Intel I350, I have wanted to get into 3d printing for long time now, but entry costs are high. There is always something else higher priority to do with those funds.