Recent content by Tsugi

1. T

400Gb/s? Now that 40g is dirt cheap, has anybody yet started using 400/200/100g at home?

And now, that is what I'm talking about @mstrzyze ! Gentlemen's, we've got a millionaire around us, you are looking at what ? half million or quarter dollar rack sitting in single picture! Is this your homelab @mstrzyze or is it your workplace?
  2. T

400Gb/s? Now that 40g is dirt cheap, has anybody yet started using 400/200/100g at home?

I remember 40G being used in homelab as early 2014-2015, it was good glory day, wasn't cheap but it was definitely viable for homelab. But that is ages while ago. I'm starting to wonder where is the new stuffs guys?
  3. T

Title. Curious to see who has yet successful run a network faster than standard 40/56 adapters. If so, what did you use/buy/source? I am more curious about the actual costs of running 100 and greater network today.
  4. T

Recommend a 40G network

Many thanks to those who advocated for EX4300, I found very closely.
  5. T

Recommend a 40G network

Many thanks for everyone's suggestions. I have been trying to hunt for reasonably priced EX4300, I was even able to find one 375$ and unfortunately it got sold when I was checking out. Ever since then, there's nothing under 800$ for me. I guess I'll just have to wait more longer for either...
  6. T

Recommend a 40G network

Currently I have the following: ISP 1 Unifi USG PRO US-24-250W ISP 2 EdgeRouter Infinity ES-24-250w Where ISP 1 is the primary and ISP 2 is redundancy (backup only) However, I need to adopt 40G network between three hosts, leading me to a small and very energy efficient 40G switch that can...