Recent content by Thorzeen

1. T

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

Hey everyone, Is anyone here running "Oxidized" on the ICX 6610 to backup the config ? I am have issues with getting it run on this switch and so I thought I would ask here on the thread where I have learned so much about this device. I have "Oxidized" running on Librenms. Thanks.
  2. T

Dell R730xd with PCIe Extender for U.2 NVMe

I have an R630XL with the expander card ( GY1TD ) and with HBA330 Mini Mono( P2R3R ) and ESXi 7 see's my 4 NVMe drives. It gets kind of confusing because Dell has so many mini cards. There is a post in here that explains them all, The post also explains how you can flash your HBA330 mini. edit...
  3. T

Dell R630xl

Not sure what those are yet. But according to dell manual the jumpers are identified as the ones showing in center of picture. I would experiment but i don't want to short anything and jeopardize returning to seller if needed
  4. T

Dell R630xl

Hi unfortunately it appears to just be painted on the board
  5. T

Dell R630xl

So i see a good deal on a R630xl on ebay and pull the trigger and It arrived yesterday and to my surprise the bios setup is password protected. I looked online and there are a couple of sets of jumpers for clearing password and nvram except this motherboard does not have those. There is a spot...
  6. T

Supermicro X10SRH-CF

I Offered $100 and the reply offer was $132 we went back and forth a couple dollars that ended with seller declining. A few days later offered $115 and went back and forth again seller declining. The next day offered $125 seller accepted the first offer. MB arrived a couple of days ago very well...
  7. T

Get well soon fohdeesha !!
  8. T

New Home Build Wiring Recommendations 2020 Edition

Use the cat6a keystones in your room and ground to the keystone casing ( not the box ) then ground to your patch panel. Ground your patch panel to a grounding busbar in your rack. and that (busbar) should ground to your electrical panels ground which in a perfect world would ground to at least...
  9. T

Used 2 Cable Matters 24 port patch panels CAT6a. Grounding was checked I have a friend from work who runs the networking division and he used our company's $30,000 fluke tester. The $60,000 dollar one was out in the field that weekend so i had to use the spare :)
  10. T

I ran Cat6A all through my house about 3 years ago. Most rooms have 4 drops and a coaxial. Was going to do 2 per room but changed it to 4 because running wire in a house is a giant PITA and i never want to do it again! 48 shielded runs all passed fluke tester. Home run to server room. I have no...
  11. T

Thanks for the reply! I will set up a local time server. I thought that might be the case. I was hopeful for some sort of magic secret hack i hadn't heard about. I am glad you confirmed the only role really affected is logs, that was my take away from the admin guide too! Have a great week :)
  12. T

I think this might be the right thread to post this question in,if not please excuse and inform where a more appropriate place would be. I read in admin user guide for ICX 6610 that one of the limitations of the NTP client and server cannot communicate using hostnames. I can confirm it will...