Recent content by Stril

1. S

Arista 7050T - latest firmware

Hi! I found some Arista 7050T switches which are already EOL. So you know, which ones are the latest, available firmware revisions for these devices? What do think about these 10GBaseT devices? Best wishes Stril
  2. S

The ultimate local storage for a Windows Failover Cluster

Hi! I am searching for the ultimate storage for a two-node active/passive Windows Cluster, which is running an old legacy database. Goal is to have minimal latency, maximum IOPS and redundancy. Option 1 (SAS) Storage Spaces (non-direct) with SAS SSDs like WD SS530. --> Proven to be reliable...
  3. S

mikrotik meris botnet?

Mikrotik is so great for its flexibility, but as they are priced as consumer-gear, they are often mistreated. There is no default-config, that saves anybody from doing dangerous things. Opening winbox at WAN should never be an option....
  4. S

Arista DCS-7050QX-32

Do you have any recommendations? Currently, I am using 4.18.6M and 4.18.11M. The only problem is sometimes the free space, because automatic rotation is not working without problems. Do you have stability problems with newer versions?
  5. S

Arista DCS-7050QX-32

Hi! Sorry, but I am still confused after 11 pages. Is EOS-2GB-4.23.8.1M.swi working on a 7050qx-32 (non-S) and is it the latest, working version? Thank you and best wishes Stril
  6. S

Arista 7050 - Flash not readable

Hi! One of my Arista 7050QX is showing some strange things: c40-0002-2#show startup-config ! Command: show startup-config % Error displaying flash:/startup-config (Input/output error) c40-0002-2#bash Unix Time: 1619544134: Process 16393 died with signal 7 (SIGBUS) errno 0 code 2 (unknown) The...
  7. S

Epyc 73F3 vs 2x72F3

Hi! I need to get the best performance out of an old database system as possible (ADS in Windows 2019) The system does very rarely use more than 8 cores, but I would prefer to have some reserves... My question is: which would be the best performing CPU setup, if costs do not matter? Is a...
  8. S

Solution for wifi-survey

Hi! I need to do (sometimes) wifi-surveys. Can you give me a hint on cheap solutions to do this? Currently, I am using the following way: - Placing some APs based on my former projects. - Walking around with a notebook with "Ekahau Heatmapper" and inSSIDER to check the placement - Change...
  9. S

Arista - Get STP informations via SNMP

Hi! I am trying to monitor the spanning-tree status of my arista switches via SNMP. With other brands, that was quite easy: 1.3.6.1.2.1.17.2.5.0 --> Current root bridge 1.3.6.1.2.1.17.2.7.0 --> Port to root bridge 1.3.6.1.2.1.17.2.2.0 --> Priority 1.3.6.1.2.1.17.2.3.0 --> Last Change...
  10. S

Access to Arista Firmware

Hi! Does anybody here have a valid Arista subscription? How is their support portal working? Can I access the firmware for all models, if I buy support for one model? Thank you and best wishes Stril
  11. S

How to get firmware for HP MSM760

Hi! I want to buy some refurbished HP MSM760 Wifi controllers. Do you have any source to get the latest firmware for those? Thank you for your help! Stril
  12. S

Arista 7050 - Mirror MLAG-Port

Hi! Thank you for your answer. Your idea sounds good, but how can I avoid a loop or spanning-tree-problems? Given the setup: I mirror the LAG (production LAG) to port 1 of each switch. - Now, I connect port 1 of switch 2 to port 2 of switch 1 - ...and mirror port 2 to port 1 --> How do I need...
  13. S

Arista 7050 - Mirror MLAG-Port

Hi! I am using Arista 7050s in MLAG-config. On my firewall, there is one LACP-bond configured with one link to each of the two Aristas. Now, I need to setup a monitor-port/port-mirror with an IDS-system attached to it. Is there any possibility to mirror a MLAG? I did not find anything about...
  14. S

Arista - Mirror MLAG

Hi! I need to mirror the traffic of a device, that is connected to two Arista 7050QX which are building an "MLAG-Cluster". Do you know, if this is possible? How can this be done? - Mirror the Ethernet-Interface on each switch? - Mirror with one port? Thank you for your help!! Stril
  15. S

Cheap Datacenter SSDs like Intel D3-S4510

Hi! I decided to use different kinds of disks in Raid1/10 systems, as I have just hit a firmware-bug, where all my drives failed (and HPE has another one, today). My "standard-disk" is currently the Intel D3-S4510 series. Can you recommend me any other disk, that offers comparable performance...