Cheap Datacenter SSDs like Intel D3-S4510

Discussion in 'Hard Drives and Solid State Drives' started by Stril, Nov 26, 2019.

1. Stril

Stril Member

Hi!

I decided to use different kinds of disks in Raid1/10 systems, as I have just hit a firmware-bug, where all my drives failed (and HPE has another one, today).

My "standard-disk" is currently the Intel D3-S4510 series.
    Can you recommend me any other disk, that offers comparable performance at a reasonable price?

What I found:
    Samsung PM883
    Seagate Nytro 1551
    Micron 5200 (not a good idea, as Micron could share every "problem" with intel)

What do you think?

Thank you for your thoughts

Stril

2. blinkenlights

blinkenlights New Member

I've not experienced problems with Samsung's 845DC EVO or SM843T drives. If you are willing to consider Intel again, the P4511 series (NVMe) has been flawless for me.