Recent content by Spun Ducky

1. S

e5-2695 v2 for $120-150 or less

I wonder how worth it is now though with the price drops on thread ripper v1 chips lately. LGA 2011-v3 still means DDR4 so no ram savings. I have to admit AMD has thrown a wrench into the price to performance ratio of old xeon systems at this point.
  2. S

Yep full S3 sleep works as well. I am running the Bios P1.90 that I got direct from ASROCK that is the newest bios when I installed these ivy bridge chips a few months ago. I don't think that bios is up on the site to use but I know it has the spectre/meltdown stuff added among other changes.
  3. S

These deals keep getting better and better lately on the v2 cpus. I will have to collect a few more. On a side note one of my dual rigs had a long running issue fixed by moving to v2 cpus. The Asrock ep2c602 had intel driver stability issues under win 10 with v1 cpus that required a group policy...
  4. S

Seeing deals like this even with the issues make me second guess jumping on the dual e5-2670 v2 chips for 120 each. I do use this as a workstation for development so the higher clock cycle is probably better overall though.
  5. S

e5-2670 v2 for $129 or less..

I received my 2 chips today and installed them. No issues bootup on the first try. I went from 1800 cinebench r15 to 2510 with these chips. I am a happy coder.
  6. S

e5-2670 v2 for $129 or less..

Thank you, I picked up 2 to replace my dual e5 2665 v1s.
  7. S

Quanta QSSC-2ML render farm

I have the same motherboard just a slight variation of it that lacks the 10gbe connection but has added usb and 1gbe ports instead. Works fine with cheap hyper 212 led coolers and e5 2670s. It accepted 16 4gb ecc micron ram off ebay without issue. A thing to note with that version that you are...
  8. S

For Sale: Intel R2308GZ 2U Server

I was wondering if these systems can support 2 rx 480 gpus? I have server and workstation needs but occasionally I like to fire up a few games in 4k.
  9. S

Open Compute WindMill v2 Motherboard

What is the name of the connector you are using? I also wanted to know with that updated picture if that is still going to a regular atx psu or to one of those hp +12v psus? So for example could I use an atx psu and run a 12v line from one cpu connector then the other 12v line from another?
  10. S

Open Compute WindMill v2 Motherboard

I was wondering what kind of connection you are using to the 12v connection on the motherboard such as alligator clips etc?
  11. S

Quanta OCP Windmill v1 versus v2

The v1 boards are lga 1366 while v2 are lga 2011 v1. If the v1 boards were much cheaper they might be worth a look.
  12. S

Potential Deal: 2 x Dual 2011 nodes @$199, Quanta Openrack

I am curious if anyone ever got a more modern graphics card working in these systems?
  13. S

Dell PowerEdge C8220 Build and Questions

Looking at your picture of the power connection to the pci riser it looks like it is branching off of a molex plug that would normally be for hard drives or dvd etc. Those connections are generally at 60w and a high powered graphics card expects to pull 75w from the slot. I think that is one...
  14. S

Dell PowerEdge C8220 Build and Questions

The error 43 is usually related to drivers, defective card, and or insufficient power. I would try a few different drivers first then from their confirm the 12v rail you are tapping into the card has sufficient amperage. This was a message that I have ran into with egpu solutions on laptops.
  15. S

Dual LGA 2011 Motherboard - $300

Does this board by chance support amd crossfire? I like to game besides workstation use for software development.