Recent content by smccloud

1. S

Sun Oracle F40 Firmware

Does anyone have the latest F40 firmware? I do not want to run RAID on the card itself, I want to use them in ZFS RAIDZ arrays in a Proxmox host. I just want to make sure the cards I purchase have the same firmware (and the latest).
  2. S

Distributed storage, but not redundant

Not sure this is the right spot for this, but at work, we are migrating our lab ESXi hosts from local storage to an IP-SAN (finally) and I want to repurpose their local storage to cold storage for things like lab machine backups, customer database backups, etc. Is it possible to set up a...
  3. S

m.2 PCIe adapter in Supermicro x9 motherboards?

I actually went back something like 4 versions trying to get bifurcation working :(
  4. S

m.2 PCIe adapter in Supermicro x9 motherboards?

Is anyone able to get the x16 slot on an X9DRH-7F to bifurcate? I don't even get an option to switch it from x16 to x4x4x4x4 right now :(
  5. S

NVMe boot with SuperMicro X9DA7 & X9DRi-F

3.3 lists it as an option, but you can't actually split it :(
  6. S

Hopefully, my memory is right and 3.2 has PCIe Bifcuration.
  7. S

Does anyone have a modded BIOS for the X9DRH-7F that allows me to set the x16 slot to x4x4x4x4? The stock 3.3 BIOS does not have it and I cannot find the 3.2 BIOS which I think had it.
  8. S

X9DRH-7F UEFI boot?

I have an X9DRH-7F that I want to bifurcate the PCIe x16 slot for NVMe cache drives in unRAID. The problem is, I have to boot it into UEFI mode to be able to set it that way. I cannot get it set to boot in UEFI mode. Anyone know how to do this?
  9. S

Is this possible?

Ran out of time over the weekend. But I was able to do it tonight. I did have to "create a new array", but I used the same settings as the last one and all is fine. Building a Lubuntu install USB right now. I do like the LSI config utility better than the Dell one by a mile.
  10. S

Is this possible?

It will back up tonight (Veeam Agent free edition). I am hoping that will resolve the fact that the card doesn't work in Linux.
  11. S

Is this possible?

I have a Dell PERC H310 installed in my home desktop (providing a RAID 0 array for my game storage). I would like to install Linux to a partition on the array but for some reason, Linux cannot initialize the firmware on the card. I know it can be flashed to the LSI 9211-8i IT mode firmware...
  12. S

SC836 & PWS-920P-1R quiet mode

To my wife and kids, Plex is mission critical :) Although given that I only have a single power line coming in...... PM Sent.
  13. S

Or put the other $19 towards another PSU? Damn SQ ones are too expensive
  14. S

The PWS-1K28P-SQ are ~$50 each while the PWS-920P-SQ are ~$100 each. Hence why I'd prefer the larger ones even if they are a little louder. Right now the fans in my PWS-920P-1Rs are spinning at 5k to 7k each, so even 4k would probably help a lot.