Recent content by Shansen008

1. S

USB HDD Enclosures

Hey all, my google-fu came up short so im hoping i can find some help amongst the experts here. Has anyone compiled a list of USB HDD enclosures that support the power disable sata spec? Specifically i just picked up a Yottamaster PS500U3 for a killer deal, but before i buy some new drives for...
  2. S

WTB: HDD Enclosure with backplane capable of SAS2 or 3, Minimum 4 bays.

Man that is so tempting. Sounds like exactly what id need. Shipping to HI would probably ruin it for me though.
  3. S

Question about cables for 9300-8i HBA

Ive got a 9300-8i and want to be sure im ordering the correct cable. I plan on moving the adapter into a case without a backplane. I currently have 2xsff-8643 to 4x sata breakout cables. I plan on directly connecting 4x HGST SAS3 drives to the HBA. Can anyone recommend a good quality cable...
  4. S

One of the cheaper 16tbs not on backorder right now

How the hell did you get that much storj??
  5. S

Unfortunately none of my cases have 3 open 5.25" external bays. In fact they dont even have 1 lol!
  6. S

This being a server case, does it have screw standoffs that will support an ITX board? Id consider transferring my whole system into this case if the price was right. What do these go for?
  7. S

Is it just the case and backplane? Yeah, i was thinking this as well, but i cant seem to find info from Lian Li about this. Its not a server case so would be quite fortuitous if that were the case. My Chenbro is a mini tower ITX and is meant as a small office server so having a SAS capable...
  8. S

Hi all I put together a small ITX Chenbro soho case that has a 9300-8i in it. The case has 4 hotswap sas/sata bays. Everything is working fine except for the HEAT! The case is just too small for a SAS3 HBA. These HBA's are designed for server cases with lots of loud airflow, not a jam...
  9. S

Lian Li PC-011 Dynamic XL

Thanks so much for the reply. I’ll have to open up my case and see what the drive side port looks like. My case isn’t a lancool II. At least now I know what to look for. Thanks.
  10. S

Lian Li PC-011 Dynamic XL

Hey all, I was just wondering if anyone knows if the backplane for the 4 hot swap bays in this case will support SAS drives. I have a SAS HBA, i just cant find any info on whether or not the backplane supports SATA/SAS or only SATA. Ive got a SAS HBA and 4 SAS drives in a chenbro mini itx...
  11. S

LSI RAID Controller and HBA Complete Listing Plus OEM Models

Thanks for the reply Sleyk, much appreciated.
  12. S

LSI RAID Controller and HBA Complete Listing Plus OEM Models

I recently purchased a Lenovo N2215 (LSI 9302-8i) Does anyone know if windows has built in drivers for this hba or where i can download them if not? Will the drivers for the 9300-8i suffice? I purchased the card specifically for the vertical connectors not understanding that it was an oem...