USB HDD Enclosures

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Shansen008

Jun 28, 2020
Hey all, my google-fu came up short so im hoping i can find some help amongst the experts here.

Has anyone compiled a list of USB HDD enclosures that support the power disable sata spec? Specifically i just picked up a Yottamaster PS500U3 for a killer deal, but before i buy some new drives for it i want to make sure it will work with them. Or am i over thinking this? Are most modern enclosures supporting this now and i dont have to worry about it unless my enclosure is really old?

BlueFox

Legendary Member Spam Hunter Extraordinaire
Oct 26, 2015
Overthinking it for the most part. I've never personally seen an enclosure that adds 3.3V because they're all cheap and that was only used on a very limited number of SSDs. You should be fine.

pimposh

hardware pimp
Nov 19, 2022
Buy Seagate Expansion/WD My Book. Shuck out drive. Use it as enclousure for any other drive you need. LOL

Asuka17377

Mar 15, 2023
Buy Seagate Expansion/WD My Book. Shuck out drive. Use it as enclousure for any other drive you need. LOL
Please note that the WD hard drive box has certification, non-WD hard drives may not work, even WD blue hard drives do not seem to work, try to buy Seagate, I have confirmed that Toshiba, HGST, WD, Seagate hard drives can all work in Seagate

alaricljs

Jun 16, 2023
I've used the guts of a WD elements box to handle bare drives from Seagate and SSDs from Crucial, Intel, SK Hynix, Mushkin, and some others whose identity I forget.