Recent content by sfbayzfs

1. sfbayzfs

Are there any members who are experts on Electrickery

Yes, many of them found new homes, but I still have several of the CSE-PTJBOD-CB1 left for sale, and I can ship internationally, please DM me with an address if interested! The USPS Priority Mail small flat rate boxes can hold two easily, and up to 4 if I repack them creatively, and it looks...
  2. sfbayzfs

FS/FT/WTB/WTT sfbayzfs Pt 1: Systems, backplanes, controllers, expanders, mobos, procs, RAM

I find the Reply and +Quote buttons on each post somewhat counterintuitive, especially since there isn't a quick DM Reply button as well. Anyway, to answer this: I should have at least 15 extras of these sturdy trays (I somehow ran out of the flimsier 3.5" trays for the 8*6 / 8*7 chassis...
  3. sfbayzfs

How to reformat HDD & SSD to 512B Sector Size

Avoid these HP branded Seagate 4TB SAS SEDs: Seagate model: st4000nm0063 HP P/N 746841-004 HP Model SMEG4000S5xnF7.2 These are HP 3PAR drives, with firmware 3P00 on them They sg_format fine to their native 520, but will not take 512, responding with Sense key: Illegal Request ...and the -6, -S...
  4. sfbayzfs

FS: $0 Free stuff! (Local SF Bay *open to shipping now*) Motherboards, random other stuff

Unfortunately the pics my phone takes are too big for the forum, so I don't end up posting pics here very often. I am planning to take some pics of both FS stuff and cool builds and then scaling them down for the forum, we'll see how much life gets in the way of that.
  5. sfbayzfs

FS: $0 Free stuff! (Local SF Bay *open to shipping now*) Motherboards, random other stuff

I can bring smaller stuff into SF, larger stuff would have to be picked up in Oakland
  6. sfbayzfs

Adding new items (motherboards), removing items which are gone (fans, some boxes)
  7. sfbayzfs

FS/FT/WTB/WTT sfbayzfs Pt 1: Systems, backplanes, controllers, expanders, mobos, procs, RAM

Bump for updates, price drops, etc., and more coming this weekend hopefully
  8. sfbayzfs

Xeon D 1500 and 2100 RDIMM and LRDIMM compatibility

Interesting, that is a 2Rx4 part, so now we just need to test if 64GB LRDIMMs work in xeon d 1500 series boards or not! (There is probably still the 128GB max ram limit if they do work) The original 128gb LRDIMM I tested in my 1500 board was 8R, but based on your test, I will try a 128GB 4R...
  9. sfbayzfs

Bricked LSI2116?

P20 firmware is here: https://forums.servethehome.com/index.php?threads/upgrade-lsi-2116it-in-x10sdv-4c-7tp4f-to-p20.14211/ I pinged Supermicro support about this and they pointed me to the above thread, cross-linking for others who find the wrong thread first :)
  10. sfbayzfs

Bug in Intel Atom C2000 series processors?

If your C2000 board comes up as out of warranty, double check the serial number, it's probably a type-o on your part. (which happened to me) When I got my boards back, among other things, the reports say "ECO rework done by RR14".
  11. sfbayzfs

FS/FT/WTB/WTT sfbayzfs Pt 2: Supermicro Bargain Bin, Drives, Fans, DOMs Network stuff

I have a bunch of them, but I would rather have larger SAS/SATA SSDs than tons of boot drives :)
  12. sfbayzfs

** Update - I am now open to shipping stuff for shipping costs rounded up for all of you non-local folks ** Hi all, I am trying to make space, so for local folks, I have some free stuff, which is useful, but I don't have room for it anymore! (Is anyone looking to ship a few 2U, 3U/4U?) Some...
  13. sfbayzfs

What board/system takes this RAM? (DDR3L 12800 16GB ECC Reg SODIMM 4Rx8)

Interesting, the X9SPV family you listed one variant of may be the only board class Supermicro makes which can take ECC Reg SODIMMs but only a maximum of 16GB total with a maximum density of 8GB per SODIMM in each of the two SODIMM slots (so then what's the point of ECC Reg support since...
  14. sfbayzfs

What board/system takes this RAM? (DDR3L 12800 16GB ECC Reg SODIMM 4Rx8)

I mistakenly bought some of these a while ago for my Supermicro C2000 based ITX boards before I could find specs assuming they were unbuffered, but they turned out to be ECC Reg. Does anyone know what uses these? I tried them in a couple of theoretically compatible boards through SODIMM ->...
  15. sfbayzfs

Bump for massive update after being dormant for a while