Recent content by Serhan

1. S

THE CHIA FARM

Thank you, much appreciated!
  2. S

THE CHIA FARM

I now have a similar set-up, the problem is lack my linux knowledge. Plotters don’t have any secondary storage, so I want to mount the plotters to a permanent share on the harvester where the completed plots will be saved. Is there any linux gui tool that can help you set up permanent shares and...
  3. S

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

I have the non-poe version of 6610 with Rev A. It is running fine with an APC BX1500M, which is not sine wave. Am I doing something bad to the switch or the UPS?
  4. S

Anyone done a Brocade 6610 fan mod?

I have a similar setup with 6610, but having a tough time finding cheap and quiet sfp+ switches for the endpoints. What did you end up using for those?
  5. S

Happy new year!

Happy New Year to all!
  6. S

Mellanox ConnectX-3 QDR

Thank you for looking into this. The other components around it looks good, no discoloration.
  7. S

Mellanox ConnectX-3 QDR

Hi, I just got a Mellanox ConnectX-3 QDR. I see that the outside surface of one of the components that says 2R2 is rough compared to the other. I am sure these cards have been around for some time, it is working fine but could this be a concern for its remaining useful life?
  8. S

Should I bother with fiber between floors?

I followed @gregsachs advice and used the sewer vent stack to run cat6a to the roof from the basement. Those fiberglass poles are a life saver!
  9. S

Thank you, this is really helpful.
  10. S

I recently moved to US, and we have a house with wooden structure built in early 2000s. I am not familiar with the building materials here but I want to pull networking cable to the attic from the basement, but I don’t see any hole or a vent that I can use for this purpose. I tried with a fish...
  11. S

(US) 90 dollar Wyse 5070 Thin client/mini-server?

It shows a backordered unfortunately.
  12. S

Supermicro 3.5 hard drive screws and labels $1.55

Sadly I only have a few of these left. I wonder if we can again see these for a dollar?
  13. S

WD My Book 10tb $79.99

My WD My Book DUO 16TB order is also cancelled. Amazon says they will apply a $20 gift card to the account.
  14. S

WD My Book 10tb $79.99

I am hopefully optimistic that these will eventually be shipped. There were a few comments on redit that some of these were shipped in Europe.