Recent content by SDLeary

1. SDLeary

Minisforum MS-01 Review The 10GbE with PCIe Slot Mini PC

Well, while we're on the subject of improvements... Rather than the somewhat odd layout that exists now for storage, I'd much prefer twin slots of the same spec, even if this means fewer LAN connections, as long as there was at least one 10GbE (pref SPF+, but an RJ poet would work too). SDLeary
  2. SDLeary

Qotom "routing appliance"

A thread that I completely missed! Thanks Much! SDLeary
  3. SDLeary

I was thinking router, using pfSense. We have a local ISP that has 10G FTTP for a ridiculously low price compared to the incumbents. I'm not fond of the rental fees that companies charge for their equipment... it adds up quickly. SDLeary
  4. SDLeary

I was perusing Amazon, after becoming disappointed with the Prime Day stuff, and came across THIS. I mean it is a somewhat dated CPU at this point (still good for pfSense??), but quad SFP+ cages, and 5 2.5G ethernet ports, and an external slimSAS connector ( ). Does anyone in STH-landia have...
  5. SDLeary

ZFS vs. BTRFS: Safest Choice for Dummies?

So are you saying Illumos for the win here? ;-) SDLeary
  6. SDLeary

Designing 1U/2U/3U/4U rackmount server chassis - these will be going to production - looking for input, ideas, and feedback!

More importantly, why am I not able to see info on the CX3701 on Sliger's website, but see it for sale on Newegg? Am I missing it on Sliger's site? Anyone have a link? SDLeary
  7. SDLeary

R86S Series boxes

Have you been able to utilize the eMMC, or did you have to resort to the M.2? SDLeary
  8. SDLeary

R86S Series boxes

Yeah, I was remembering that, but a site search for R86S didn't return anything. Thanks for the link! SDLeary
  9. SDLeary

R86S Series boxes

Hello, Has anyone tried any of the R86S series with pfSense? How well do they work with 10G connections for routing purposes? Special kudos if anyone has hands on with the -N version of this, that has the N305 chip. Thanks Much SDLeary
  10. SDLeary

Beelink EQ12 Pro Review Intel i3-N305 Alder Lake-N is Amazing

Or, hell, simply pfSense+. Downside to this little box, M.2 only x1. At this point Intel should really design all their chips to have a x4 connection (in other words, put enough PCI lanes in all your products for current day basic functions). SDLeary
  11. SDLeary

ODROID-H3 and ODROID-H3+ offer Intel Jasper Lake 2.5GbE Development Boards

@Patrick Hey! What about an update on the video on the H2s from almost 2 years ago! Did you ever do your clustering project on them. How much better do the H3+s perform? :D SDLeary
  12. SDLeary

ASROCK Rack ROMED8U-2T

The manual states that it comes with the power adapter. Its hard to tell what the status of this board is anymore as it (and other boards) are no longer accessible from the normal product listings on ASRockRack's page (still accessible though with a google search). Makes me wonder if this was a...
  13. SDLeary

ASROCK Rack ROMED8U-2T

Anyone out there have any experience with this board? Seems a better fit for virtualization than the D6U. SDLeary
  14. SDLeary

Apple Ignites the Industry with the M1 Pro and M1 Max

Looks like the all Max models do. All documentation that I've seen bases the memory bandwidth on the version of chip, so all Max models appear to have the 8 channel memory. SDLeary
  15. SDLeary

Netgear Orbi WiFi 6E Launched with 6GHz and 10GbE

Is it just me, or do the WAN and high-speed LAN ports look reversed from where they should be? Fiber (consumer) in my area looks to be 1G symmetrical at best. At the pace the ISPs are moving, I can't see coming anywhere near 10G to the home this century!