Recent content by rootpeer

1. R

Gigabit + 10Gb Switches under $550

Great info, thanks a lot! I also had the fs.com in mind and forgot to mention but I am a bit concerned since it is probably a low volume product and might not be that thought out. I don't know, that might just be in my head.
  2. R

Nice but those have 2 SFP ports mate, I need 4.
  3. R

Looking for a cheap, managed, L2, > 12 RJ45 ports and 4 SFP+ 10Gb ports fanless or very very quiet switch to replace my CSS326 since I need one or two more SFP connections. Zyxel XGS1930-28 and TP-LINK T1700G-28TQ v2 are being considered. Any other ideas?
  4. R

Cockpit ZFS Manager [0.3.2.348 Now Available]

Great! Thank you very much you are a legend! This project makes so much sense!
  5. R

Cockpit ZFS Manager [0.3.2.348 Now Available]

Hello! Sorry for the dumb question. How can I get this running on CentOS 8.1? The latest cockpit package available is 196.3.
  6. R

Flash/Crossflash DELL H330 RAID Card to HBA330/12Gbps HBA IT Firmware

Tremendous! Thanks for all the info and for your work!
  7. R

Flash/Crossflash DELL H330 RAID Card to HBA330/12Gbps HBA IT Firmware

I guess flashing the BIOS is optional as was with older generations, correct? Have you tried flashing just the firmware in order to reduce the boot time?
  8. R

Fusion-io ioDrive 2 1.2TB Reference Page

I have done some testing on Centos 8 with zfs 0.8.2: Device: FusionIO Iodrive II Duo 2.4TB MLC Dell R720XD 2x Intel E5-2650 v2 32GB (4x 8GB) RAM Driver: snuf/iomemory-vsl branch 5.1.28 (DKMS) I used the Phoronix Test Suite to benchmark the drive's performance (I ran the fio benchmark)...
  9. R

Oh OK! I thought people were using VSL4 with iodrive 2 drives. I did it because the documentation states an 80% improvement at 4K and a 100% improvement at 512. It is just that I was reading reviews and specs such as these: Fusion-io ioDrive2 Duo MLC Application Accelerator Review |...
  10. R

Where are you getting VSLs higher than 3.2.16? And some performance related questions: I am testing with my 2.4TB iodrive II Duo and I am not sure that I am getting full performance. I set it up on a Windows 10 VM with 6 cores and two threads and PCIe passthrough. The CPU is an AMD...
  11. R

Hey acquacow! Since you seem to know a lot about the devices, can you tell me how TRIM is handled? (on Linux) I read about issuing discards so do you enable continuous TRIM with the discard option in fstab instead of fstrim or other periodic TRIM options? Is there any way to check if it is...
  12. R

Intel SR-IOV VM to host switching?

Hello! I have an Intel 82599ES 10Gb card that I use on my Arch Linux PC with an SR-IOV VF that I use for my Windows 10 VM. The 82599ES is supposed to support switching on the card itself rather than going out to my physical switch and back in again. I am not really sure how to test it so I...
  13. R

This guy seems to have done it using a Github VSL: [REQUEST] iomemory-vsl-3.2.16.1731-1.0 / AUR Issues, Discussion & PKGBUILD Requests / Arch Linux Forums