Recent content by rootpeer

1. R

EU WTB: DELL R320

Want to buy a cheap DELL R320 server. I would prefer a redundant PSU one.
  2. R

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

Hi, I have an ICX6610-24P-E on the way and I need some info about noise. I have searched the thread but did not find a definitive answer. The switch has a single exhaust PSU and single exhaust fan module. Will adding a second PSU or a second fan module (or both) make it quieter? Do all Rev...
  3. R

ICX6610 40gbe breakout port to 40gbe NIC

Maybe try with a QSFP breakout cable and two dual port SFP+ cards on the client machine first?
  4. R

PoE passthrough managed switch?

Hello, I need a small (5-8 ports) PoE passthrough switch to extend part of my network. Must be PoE powered (af or at, not passive) and must have one PoE passthrough port where I can plug a 12-15w access point. Is there anything else apart from the Unifi US-8? I would very much like something...
  5. R

EU WTB: Ruckus H510 Access Point

Hello, I am looking for a Ruckus H510 Access Point. Preferably with mounting hardware included. Only looking to buy from EU member countries.
  6. R

Scam Alert ... E5-2667 v4 (Pair)

Yep I reported this guy yesterday. If you google the email you will see this username posting in the arstechnica forum with the exact same message.
  7. R

EU WTB: Mellanox ConnectX-3 VPI MCX354A-QCBT Full Height Brackets

I hoped to buy some from the EU so I can get them sooner. With the current situation I would be lucky to get them from China by summer. I still have stuff I ordered before Christmas that hasn't been delivered yet. But oh well, I'll order some since they are so cheap!
  8. R

EU WTB: Mellanox ConnectX-3 VPI MCX354A-QCBT Full Height Brackets

Hey! I have two MCX354A-QCBT cards that came with Half Height brackets. Anyone have any Full Height for sale? Thanks!
  9. R

APC UPS plastic button-screen holder and buttons?

Hey everyone! I bought a couple of APC SUA rack mount UPSes and they came without the plastic thing that holds the LED/screen PCB and button assembly and without the rubber buttons themselves. Found a seller on Ebay that has one for sale but shipping to Europe is very expensive...
  10. R

Looking for advice on 4TB NVME SSDs for workstation use.

Can you help me clear something out? Is it that only the 1725a model has the bug or are all models (1725,1725a,1725b) affected? Can you explain what the bugs are? Is it complete data loss or does the drive fail to function whatsoever?
  11. R

APC PDU rack ears seem cheap and modifiable to be used with 6450's and 7250's. Anyone willing to buy some and try? https://www.ebay.com/itm/For-APC-AP7900-AP7800-AP7901-AP7920-AP7921-Ears-Rack-Mount-Bracket-Kit/203060977874?hash=item2f4760a0d2:g:8vwAAOSw~PNfIKhz
  12. R

Beware of EMC switches sold as Mellanox SX6XXX on eBay

Anyone know if a converted switch will negotiate and work with 1GbE through a break-out cable?
  13. R

2 Questions: Do the ICX6430 ears work on the ICX6450? Does a break-out cable from a Mellanox SX6012 negotiate 1G? My 6450 came without ears. I was thinking, instead of spending 50+ USD/EUR for ears or try to fabricate them, I can buy a 6430 at the same price, use its ears for my 6450 and then...
  14. R

Aruba AP to IAP

Any comparisons with AP-315, AP-325 and Unifi AC Lite, AC LR? Also, do these support Macsec or at least 802.1x? I can't find any mentions in the documentation. I think the AP-200 series supported Macsec but I might be wrong.
  15. R

Aruba AP to IAP

Do you know if this is also true for the AP-315?