Recent content by randalldeflagg

1. randalldeflagg

Looking for a case for the Supermicro X9DRi-LN4F+ (SC836BA-R920B)

I picked up one of these cases (very close to this version) that was configured as a JBOD array. so it does not have the 2 drive bays at the rear. I thought about adding one in, but decided it wasn't worth the effort for something I might not even use. That said, I did cram the same board in the...
  2. randalldeflagg

Gigaplus 8-port 2.5G 2-port 10G switch $69

I had to click the check box that says apply 23% discount and then it worked.
  3. randalldeflagg

EXPIRED 1.92TB PM983 $75

dang, I need three more... le sigh
  4. randalldeflagg

Moron tries to build a Gigabyte MZ01-CE1 EPYC 7551 system

step one would be finding out what IP address it pulls for IPMI. step two is obviously logging into it with whatever username and password is set on it. if it is the default. before March 2020 admin/password. After that admin/last 11 char of the MB serial number. Good luck
  5. randalldeflagg

Seeking Updated Firmware for HP DL160 G9 ProLiant Servers

Where are you going to be flashing it from? Linux, esxi, Windows? Amazingly we still have a dl160 g9 still on our support contract. Apparently I can get my hands on just about every other download for this series, but not the BIOS? That is super odd. I guess we declined that for some reason.
  6. randalldeflagg

[CN] Seeed studio reServer 4C/8T for $274.50

Mine showed up this morning. waiting on memory and drive for it to come in. I can probably have a wifi 6 module at my office I can borrow for testing.
  7. randalldeflagg

[CN] Seeed studio reServer 4C/8T for $274.50

There are days I hate this place... so I bought one. no idea what I will use it for
  8. randalldeflagg

Lenovo T32p-20 32" 4K IPS UHD USB-C HDMI DP Monitor for $249 or less before tax with FS

Got mine unboxed and setup. Colors are nice and bright. I spend most of my day working on other systems remotely and only light gaming. now I am wishing I had bought to of these
  9. randalldeflagg

Lenovo T32p-20 32" 4K IPS UHD USB-C HDMI DP Monitor for $249 or less before tax with FS

I have a older than dirt VA panel as my second screen. so this will do nicely for my home setup
  10. randalldeflagg

HPE EC200A Xeon D-1518 'hybrid server' on ebay ~$150

I ran mine until the clock drift caused issues since it was doing firewall duty. Battery replacement didn't solve. So I chucked into recycling. wasn't worth the time to troubleshoot it
  11. randalldeflagg

Looking for Fan replacements - Custom build using old SuperMicro chassis.

I removed the fan wall in mine and wedged 3 120mm fans into the space using the PSU cage as the other point. ziptied everything in place. The fanse are NF-P12. so not whisper quiet. But moves plenty of air over the drives and the cards in the system. The drives make the most noise anyhow.
  12. randalldeflagg

2U chassis with hotswap SATA/NVMe for H12SSL

I took a different route putting in Noctua on my 826. Just cut out that dimple on the fan cage. Then I can reuse the fans easily down the road. Never crossed my mind to cut the ears on the fan though.
  13. randalldeflagg

SM CSE 826 sweet deal

Ehh, I bought the last one I think. I've been eying these to put another system together for messing around with from other parts, and this brings me down to just needing a cpu at this point. Or use my older e5 v1 board
  14. randalldeflagg

How to build a real NAS with the windows OS (headless)?

you can do a iscsi setup on the second computer/nas and connect to it over the network. it will the present as a physical drive on your desktop. two connectx cards and dac cable will let you run at full speed line speed as well. To get even more nitty gritty, assign them an IP on a different...
  15. randalldeflagg

[Newegg] ASRock Rack D1541D4U-2O8R mATX 8-core Xeon D-1541 mobo with SFP+ $179!

I have one of these just sitting in a itx box right now: X10SDV-4C-TLN2F if you are interested in it, I would be willing to let it go fairly cheap