Moron tries to build a Gigabyte MZ01-CE1 EPYC 7551 system

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Thad Man

Jan 20, 2024
I got the thing home and I dont have vga. I have played with trying to set it up through IPMI, but honestly I dont think I have the skills to set it up. Is there a video card it likes, or what is the easiest way to get it to post?

chinesestunna

Jan 23, 2015
I got the thing home and I dont have vga. I have played with trying to set it up through IPMI, but honestly I dont think I have the skills to set it up. Is there a video card it likes, or what is the easiest way to get it to post?
With the AST2500 video card running IPMI it should be able to run headless (no video card needed) no?
My Supermicro boards runs that way and I just use iKVM

May 4, 2015
step one would be finding out what IP address it pulls for IPMI. step two is obviously logging into it with whatever username and password is set on it. if it is the default. before March 2020 admin/password. After that admin/last 11 char of the MB serial number.

Good luck

Thad Man

Jan 20, 2024
Yeah that didn't go well. I am not really able to do anything other than the most basic networking. I guess I will sell the thing.

Thank you gents for your help.

Last edited:

nabsltd

Jan 26, 2022
Yeah that didn't go well. I am not really able to do anything other than the most basic networking. I guess I will sell the thing.
As @mattventura said, a VGA-to-HDMI converter should do the job.

I had to replace my VGA KVM, and HDMI was cheaper, so I had to add VGA to HDMI on most of my servers. Because I needed six, I bought from temu.com, but for just one, you can pay a bit more from Amazon. You'll need to plug the adapter into a USB port or something else that can supply power via a USB-A plug.