Recent content by nk215

1. N

Bought it

I can help but I have no idea how to do it. I have an Apple store near me. Is it as simple as me picking it up and dropping it off at a UPS store?
  2. N

AMD EPYC 7713 w/Gigabyte mz32-ar0 Boost Speed Question.

Impressive built. I had a bad experience with water cooling years back and never really tried it again. I was on vacation and the pump failed so the server shut down. I had my share of cooling fan failures and the CPU throttle but it never shut down. The high flow in server cases is enough...
  3. N

[FS][US-NJ] RAM Modules , Intel Consumer CPUs

Do you have an MB to go with this as a combo (H12)?
  4. N

Wholesaler for used servers?

My guess is around ~$4000-$4500. 2TB of RAM is above my wildest dream. That price range opens a lot of options for a system with 256G or 512G RAM.
  5. N

[US-WA]DDR4 Memory, NVMes, 8TB HDs, EVGA SR-3 Motherboard , W3223 CPU, SuperMicro Trays, ASUS X99 MB: WTT Z790 MB, DDR5

SuperMicro x10DRG-Q is an interesting board. What case can support that beast?
  6. N

Where to start? $1k budget for CPU/Memory/Ram for ESXI 8 vmware host

You can get a dual E5v4 CPU setup with that budget all-inclusive. here's an example: - Dual 2650 V4 Intel Xeon CPUs -128GB 2400T ECC Registered DDR4 2400Mhz RAM -HBA 330 Controller - 2 x Dell 3.5" hard drive caddies -ALL 3 PCIe Expansion Risers included- Risers 1,2 and 3. -X520/I350...
  7. N

Intel Xeon E5-2670 Deal and Price Tracking

I agree. For a general-purpose home lab, I don't think I need more power than a dual 2690v4 setup anytime soon (for the next 5 years at least). All I am running on this machine is a NAS, a few Windows VMs (5), Ubuntu VMs (2). The encoding job is on a VM with a GPU so CPU usage is minimized...
  8. N

Intel Xeon E5-2670 Deal and Price Tracking

Where did you get that price? I bought 2x2690v4 a week ago for $58 in total. Wouldn't mind getting another pair at the price you quoted. Thanks
  9. N

Tesla P4 - 8GB / US$ 100 or even lower

I got it working. Thank you. Here's my observation. At the end of the day, I like the approach that Promox did, with vGPU unlock, much better. In ESXi (and the license server), I have to split the GPU into equal (already defined) chunks. I can't have a VM with 2 Gig GPU memory and another...
  10. N

Did you do that under ESXi?
  11. N

Affordable Shared Graphic Card for an ESXi (Home Server) installation?

I did and didn't see any detail. I checked out the #licensing and #esxi_xen_status There's a lot more info with promox host. Not much on esxi beside the github instruction.
  12. N

I am not in IT so I am very green when it comes to non-standard setup like this. If you can get a P40 simulated license server to work, please export the license server VM and put it on google drive or something so I can give it a try or document step by step better than what the github has...
  13. N

M10 is a little too old. Is there an equivalent M10 that's at least Pascal with multiple GPU on a single card so I can directly pass through each GPU onto a VM? Thanks
  14. N

Can you point to a link? Please keep us updated on how you get a P40 working with your own licensing server on ESXi. Thanks
  15. N

Wait. In Promox, you don't need any trial account to get vGPU to work properly. It's ESXi that you have to deal with the 90-day trial account.