Recent content by KarelG

1. K

Availability of Xeon E-2300 and compatible motherboards

It is indeed very good question which cores will be used by ADL Xeons. I'd bet that higher chance does have Golden Cove (performance core) here since I'm inclined to think that Intel will enable them together with AVX-512. I mean this for Xeon W-14xx line. I think Gracemont ( efficient core)...
  2. K

Availability of Xeon E-2300 and compatible motherboards

Small correction here on otherwise very nice info. Perf gap between E-22xx and E-23xx is IMHO same as between E-23xx and future ADL W-14xx. You second name "handsome performance increase"' while first "doesn't have much less performance..." which is IMHO a bit misleading. But otherwise I agree...
  3. K

Intel Ice Lake Xeon Or Amd Epyc Milan?For SQL Sever

Use cloud vendors and benchmark yourself both cpus. It really depends, I'm inclined to bet on Epyc here due to its bigger L3, but it really depends. Size is not everything and I'm not sure how big hot ram for your queries will be. If bigger than either L3, then even Intel may be faster under...
  4. K

XEON W-1370P WORKSTATION / X12SCA-5F

I would expect W-14xx to be available next spring or summer at worst case. See the road map here: Intel roadmap with Alder Lake-S workstation CPUs planned for Q3 2021 has been leaked - VideoCardz.com -- but keep in mind this is around 6 months delayed already. E.g. SR will be here next spring...
  5. K

768 Arm Cores in 2U @650W - XSLAB

You are looking for sociaonext related information here. Just check V-Raptor is a 24-Core Arm Server based on SocioNext SC2A11 SoC - CNX Software
  6. K

Xeon W-13xx listed.

Indeed, but it's a bit pity since W-13xx is quite a leap over W-12xx due to avx512 and Sunny Cove cores. So for few threads workload requiring max 128GB RAM this may be ideal processor.
  7. K

Xeon W-13xx listed.

Looks like Xeon W-13xx (RocketLake family) were listed on ark.intel.com without much fanfare: Products formerly Rocket Lake -- hard to judge if we should expect proper announcement or that's just it.
  8. K

Workstation Xeon W (Ice Lake variant).

Sounds good! This looks like Intel may be competitive up to AMD TR PRO 3975WX which would be great. As always the question will be price...
  9. K

3.7GHz on all 32 cores? Wow! But, well, if turbo is 4.0GHz only, then there is only 300MHz difference between max single-thread perf and max multi-thread perf and that in the same power envelope. I'm curious what is IceLake holding back to not be able to turbo much higher on 1 core when 32 cores...
  10. K

twitter use @hxl uploaded workstation cpus presentation: Second slide claims that maximum frequency will be 4.0 GHz which is +300MHz higher than top-class server chips now. This may make sense to upgrade W-32xx line of chips which ends on 4.4 GHz, but probably is out of luck with W-22xx which...
  11. K

Wow! Indeed, they removed it. It was probably slashdotted by Tomshardware article: Intel Xeon W-3335 'Ice Lake-SP' Benchmarked -- and since this is probably still under some form of NDA, they removed it. Read tomshardware for benchmark results notes.
  12. K

Looks like Intel is preparing also workstation Xeon W-33xx variant of Ice Lake Xeons. Puget Systems does have W-3335 in their benchmark database from yesterday: https://www.pugetsystems.com/benchmarks/?age=30&benchmark=&application=&specs=W-3335#results-table This is indeed interesting move...
  13. K

Ice Lake - SP boards.

Looks like Supermicro, ASrock, Gigabyte and others come with a set of quite nice boards for Ice Lake SP. It's interesting that for such -- by analysts envisioned -- short live product such companies invest that much. I also think that both Rocket Lake and Ice Lake SP are just stop gap solutions...
  14. K

Future Xeons: up to 20 cores up to 150W

First of all, this is a new HPC-COM standard, so board is with connectors to carrier board. Pictures here: Embedded Computing | Kontron Embedded Computers Anyway, I think you may be completely right that this is for next gen communication Xeon (D-xxxx). I have not thought about that. I was...
  15. K

Future Xeons: up to 20 cores up to 150W

Looks like various documents about a new COM-HPC standard are already published and for example Kontron seems to prepare server kind board 160x160mm in the standard and specs. published is: Size D form factor – 160 x 160 mm Nextgen Intel® Xeon® U p to 20 cores, processor TDP up to 120 W...