Recent content by kaltek2599

1. K

New Supermicro Supermicro H11DSI-NT Amd Epyc DOA?

I think so too, I used 1 stick in each B1 slot. IPMI never registered CPU2 and I never got a display with it mounted. Since each CPU works in socket 1 I gave up and initiated a return on the motherboard. While I would have loved to have a 2P unit with 64 cores and 128 threads, I'll settle for 2...
  2. K

And POST Snoop code shows 91 again, no display on the IPMI :( right back where I started but on latest BIOS and with processors swapped, I'll try changing how slot 2 is mounted , had to finagle screw 1 in again , something about it seems off
  3. K

I swapped the second CPU into slot 1 , it booted up fine so at least I know the both CPUs and slot 1 are good :) now to try the first CPU in slot 2, fingers crossed!
  4. K

I flashed the bios to 2.1 from ipmi, post snooping changed from 91 code to ff on reboot. Taking out the second CPU allows it to boot properly and POST snoop shows ab. Not sure if I'm not installing CPU2 correctly, I used a Threadripper torque screw and it is a Lotes socket, yet the second one...
  5. K

Thank you for responding - that confirms I'm not missing Oculink headers. Are you running any Nvme drives on it? Using PCI-e then? Would this motherboard boot off a PCIe drive? My RAM shouldn't be a problem then. My Rev 2.0 BIOS is at version 2.0b currently. 2.1 is the only newer BIOS on...
  6. K

I just got my Rev 2.0 H11DSI board, successfully booted with one 7551 CPU and 1 stick of RAM (M393A2G40DB0-CPB) in the B1 slot. , then moved up to 4 sticks for the same CPU - all good so far. Added in the second 7551 CPU and an additional stick in the B1 slot - and now no display on the VGA. I...
  7. K

Selecting Dual EPYC motherboard... Is there any other option except Supermicro?

Thanks so much! That is relieving! Was wondering if I'd need a riser for the build, the GPU just about makes the cut stopping short of those ports., any longer and I'd have been in trouble! I'm moving up from a dual xeon AsRock EP2C612 WS and was spoiled for PCI-e slots, looks like I can get...
  8. K

Selecting Dual EPYC motherboard... Is there any other option except Supermicro?

Hello there, I am attempting a similar build with 2 7551's on an H11DSi rev 2.0 so I can replace the CPU's later when prices drop. How is your build functioning? Curious what GPU you went with, I was planning to put in a Radeon VII but not sure about the GPU length and if it will affect access...