Selecting Dual EPYC motherboard... Is there any other option except Supermicro?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
And what about the CPUs? Did they run? Could you return them? Did you end up buying other CPUs?
Tried them in 2x Supermicro, 1x Dell, 1x HPE, 1x Gigabyte, 1x Tyan. They did not work in any of them. Still trying to return.

kaltek2599

Feb 29, 2020
Seller agreed to refund me before shipping the CPUs out. I bought CPUs from another seller.
Hello there, I am attempting a similar build with 2 7551's on an H11DSi rev 2.0 so I can replace the CPU's later when prices drop. How is your build functioning? Curious what GPU you went with, I was planning to put in a Radeon VII but not sure about the GPU length and if it will affect access to the SATA and Nvme ports. I was planning to use an Enthoo Pro - any pics you could share would be awesome - Thanks!

kaltek2599

Feb 29, 2020
Thanks so much! That is relieving! Was wondering if I'd need a riser for the build, the GPU just about makes the cut stopping short of those ports., any longer and I'd have been in trouble! I'm moving up from a dual xeon AsRock EP2C612 WS and was spoiled for PCI-e slots, looks like I can get away with one dual slot GPU like the Radeon VII. Thanks again!

scrash

Aug 30, 2020
Hello there, I am attempting a similar build with 2 7551's on an H11DSi rev 2.0 so I can replace the CPU's later when prices drop. How is your build functioning? Curious what GPU you went with, I was planning to put in a Radeon VII but not sure about the GPU length and if it will affect access to the SATA and Nvme ports. I was planning to use an Enthoo Pro - any pics you could share would be awesome - Thanks!
I did a build with one 7282 on the H11DSI rev 2.0 and I can't get any output, the IPMI also shows wrong hardware info, not sure if thats related. Are there any things I might have missed?