Recent content by joddlarn

1. J

CTS media converter Fiber to Ethernet vs FRITZ!Box Fon WLAN 5490 Fiber

I would go with whatever before using a Fritz!box. They might be the shittiest network products out there. My personal experience with CTS products is that they work really great.
  2. J

EU FS: Nvidia Grid K2

Bump. Lowered the price a little.
  3. J

EU FS: Nvidia Grid K2

Got two Nvidia Grid K2 cards that I'm no longer using in my VDI lab. I've used the cards with both XenServer and ESXi 6.7 (they are not supported on 7.0). They work great under both and you don't need licenses to use them. Price: €130/ea OBO or both for €250 OBO and I pay for shipping within...
  4. J

H710 Mini not working ESXi 7.x

I have a box running with H710 mini on ESXi 7.0 (Dell custom) and it works just fine. But, my card is running the original firmware and not IT firmware. Try restoring the original firmware to the card.
  5. J

Beware of EMC switches sold as Mellanox SX6XXX on eBay

On my SX6036, "mac access-list testacl bind-point rif" gives 'Unrecognized command "bind-point"'. Same goes for "ipv4 access-list testacl bind-point rif". Running firmware 3.6.8012 and profile eth-single-switch. Anything else you would like me to try?
  6. J

This might be a stupid reply, but have to tried with a license for ethernet? Either generate one or try the license in this sales post, as the license there is a generic one for ethernet and not bound to specific hardware...
  7. J

EXPIRED Mellanox SX6036 36ports QSFP €150

Another seller got some switches. Not as low in price, but 213 euro is still pretty decent; https://www.ebay.com/itm/184641657913
  8. J

EXPIRED Mellanox SX6036 36ports QSFP €150

Use the x86 image from the Lenovo download site instead. That way you can use tools such as ltrace.
  9. J

[ESX7] Change SCSI Controller virtual PFSense LSI SAS => pvSCSI

Ubuntu 18.04 shouldn't be a problem, as Linux has supported pvscsi for a very long time. If you have more than one disk, you might need to change the order of the disks if the VM doesn't boot. But normally it should just work. The Windows trick is just something you do to force the...
  10. J

[ESX7] Change SCSI Controller virtual PFSense LSI SAS => pvSCSI

PFSense doesn't support pvscsi currently. When FreeBSD get it, so will the next major PFSense version. Support for pvscsi was pushed to FreeBSD in november 2019
  11. J

ASUS Z10PA-D8 - Dual Socket 2011-3

It makes sense that all slots are wired to CPU1: the board supports the E5-1600 series and that series only supports single cpu. The E5-1600 has 40 lanes of PCIe 3.0. if you add together the lanes from all five slots you get: 8+8+8+8+8 = 40. The last PCIe slot (slot 1) is 2.0 and doesn't come...
  12. J

How to create datastore with ESXi 7.0 and SAS2008

This sounds like a problem I had with a Fujitsu card flashed to IT mode. Only one port worked. The problem had something to do with the SBR. Is the card you're trying to use a Fujitsu card flashed to 9211-8i in IT mode?
  13. J

How to create datastore with ESXi 7.0 and SAS2008

The SAS2008 based adapters are no longer supported and there are no drivers. The physical view of the pcie devices will list all devices, no matter of support. To use ESXi 7.0 you have to replace the controller and get a supported one. Or downgrade to 6.7, that still supports SAS2008 based...
  14. J

According to https://community.mellanox.com/s/article/lr4-support-on-mellanox-switches the 6012 supports LR4 optics on all ports in ethernet mode. If you need LR4 with IB, you have to edit the profile INIs to support high power mode.
  15. J

ASUS Z10PA-D8 - Dual Socket 2011-3

That link only shows an example for one specific board, the Z10PE-D16 WS. If you look in the manual for Z10PA-D8 : https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/Socket2011-R3/Z10PA-D8/Manual/E13692_Z10PA-D8_Series_UM_V3_WEB.pdf On page 2-17 you have the following text: 2.5.4 PCI Express x16 slot (x16...