Recent content by Jiaxinxi

1. J

New Post scroll position lost

When I look at the new post list, I click a post, then go back to the list. The list will scroll back to the top instead of stay at the position of last post. Is there anyway to remember the scroll position of the last post I just viewed?
  2. J

Netgear limited lifetime warranty on 8 year old switch

I have to provide the proof of the purchase. the photo of the serial number But since I bought from NewEgg, all documents are in emails. Just search the model no. in my emails, I am able to find the invoice email from NewEgg.
  3. J

Netgear limited lifetime warranty on 8 year old switch

Bought a switch about 8 year ago It was broken few days ago. Looking online, netgear provides "limited lifetime warranty" on this model. I was very suspicious about that claim. Who will offer warranty for a 8 years old electronics. That is like millions year ago for electronics. But to my...
  4. J

Just got 1Gbps fiber optic internet

Look, this guy love to download and share 4K HDR Ubuntu ISOs. That is an option!
  5. J

Everything is so fast. Needs to get use to it:cool::cool::cool:
  6. J

Finally I feels like I am in 21st century. My old internet Now I needs find ways to use the bandwidth :D
  7. J

HGST 8TB SAS HUH728080AL5200

This is SAS drive, WD red are SATA drive. unless your enclosure support SAS, this won't fit it. Good news, money is saved!
  8. J

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

Agree with you on the airflow engineering part. It is definitely very sophisticated. But it is designed for data center. Noise is not an issue, density matters. For folks want to us at home, noise is a major issue. Like me, many people put the gear in their living space. 40dBA is probably the...
  9. J

Beginner's book, guide, or series of videos, articles, or forum threads to gain knowledge and learn how to build a home server. Where to start?

You know You Know You know You don't know You don't know you don't know You don't know You know
  10. J

AMD or Intel

@Patrick your brisket looks amazing! Actual image of how the brisket is cooked. Now can you tell us which CPU you used to cook? Intel or AMD? :D:D:D:D
  11. J

Already put the switch on my rack. Will see if I can take it out and take some more close up picture. Here is some picture I took before I put it on rack. My switch is ICX7240-48, NON-POE version, so there is some space between the main chip heat sink and the top shelf. I measured about 15MM...
  12. J

First of all thanks for @fohdeesha excellent document. I am able to flush my ICX7250-48 to 8080E firmware and enable all 8x10G port, L3 features. The fan come with the switch is pretty quiet when system boots up, but it is not quiet enough to be in living room during late night. So the fan...
  13. J

Thanks for you info. I have ICX7250, it is different from ICX6450 according to @fohdeesha It use brocade proprietary mini-usb to db9 cable. The standard console to RJ45 cable will not work on ICX7250.
  14. J

Looking for a cheap & quiet PoE+4x10GbE switch

I am with you. The hardest part is the wife acceptance. It is going to be pretty challenging to find one powerful yet quite POE switch without some mod.