Netgear limited lifetime warranty on 8 year old switch

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Jiaxinxi

Aug 23, 2017
Bought a switch about 8 year ago
1614964569579.png
It was broken few days ago. Looking online, netgear provides "limited lifetime warranty" on this model.
I was very suspicious about that claim. Who will offer warranty for a 8 years old electronics. That is like millions year ago for electronics.

But to my surprise, I called in. without much hassle, the warranty is honored.

I will receive a replacement switch. and I check the online portal, the warranty expires at 2041:D
1614964887571.png

Looks like I am going to stick with this switch for a while

Allan74

May 15, 2019
I have a difficult time with long warranty periods, as I never keep my proof of purchase/receipt.
The fact that you received warranty means that you are either a packrat, or they didn't want proof of purchase.... or you registered it shortly after purchase.

PigLover

Jan 26, 2011
In my experience Netgear has been GREAT with their “lifetime” warranty claims. I’ve had several pieces of equipment repaired/replaced by them even when I can’t prove provenance (no receipt/no registration). I think their financial model assumes very few people would even bother to R&R equipment that old...and their reputation is enhanced by being nice to those that do.

Jiaxinxi

Aug 23, 2017
I have a difficult time with long warranty periods, as I never keep my proof of purchase/receipt.
The fact that you received warranty means that you are either a packrat, or they didn't want proof of purchase.... or you registered it shortly after purchase.
I have to provide
  • the proof of the purchase.
  • the photo of the serial number
1614974409239.png
But since I bought from NewEgg, all documents are in emails. Just search the model no. in my emails, I am able to find the invoice email from NewEgg.