Recent content by javooooo

1. J

Turbocharge your Quanta LB6M - Flash To Brocade TurboIron - Big Update!

I've just flashed a new LB6M from UnixPlus and am also seeing the management port weirdness - mine is coming up at 10M half. The LEDs work in reverse (no lights when it's connected, lights when it is disconnected) and the mgmt2 light is permanently on. Just curious we've established that the...
  2. J

Intel S4510 / Samsung 883 DCT / Seagate Nytro 1551

Oh - maybe I'm wrong about the backplane. I couldn't find it "officially" in the documentation, I just saw the integrated P420i card was limited to 6G and no 12G card was on the compatibility list. Any idea where I might be able to verify the backplane speed? If it is 12G then SAS is definitely...
  3. J

We can't use NVMe unfortunately - it has to be old-fashioned 2.5" SSDs. They are HP DL360p Gen 8 servers, which have P420i integrated RAID. I understand this can run in HBA mode, although I am not sure with what performance. I'm open to getting a PCI H420 or even a 3rd party HBA (like a LSI...
  4. J

Much smaller to start with - probably around 5-10 servers with 4-6 SSDs each. It's just a POC for a larger project later down the track.
  5. J

Thanks Evan, we were leaning towards the Intels. I'm not sure if they will work with the HP DL360p g8s we are using though - I've created a thread in the HBA forum for any advice.
  6. J

P420i and SSDs

Hi all, We're doing a Ceph build and are using some rather old HP DL360p gen 8 servers which have integrated P420i RAID controllers with 1GB caches and BBUs. We're going to be filling these servers with Intel SSDs (most likely S4510 960GBs), but from Googling I'm a little concerned. Does...
  7. J

Hi all, I'm curious whether anyone has first-hand experience with the new gen of SSDs from the major manufacturers that are coming onto the market at the moment? I am doing a mid-sized Ceph deployment. All of these SSD models come in at roughly the same cost: Intel DC S4510 960GB Samsung 883...
  8. J

Flashing Delta 7024 to Dell 8024

Ah, gotcha. I may wait a bit for my optics to arrive so I can check the link lights - if they work, there's probably no point in updating the CPLD. The fans are spinning down nicely and the ethernet lights work, so fingers crossed. The other unit I have is also a Delta that I converted...
  9. J

Hmm... I've just tried versions from the 5.1 and 5.0 releases again and neither worked. I'm tempted to try 4.2 although I'm concerned it may install an older version than what's already on there. I do have another Dell 8024 that updated successfully so I will research the USB Blaster you...
  10. J

Thanks for the quick response! Yeah, it's an odd issue. Option 9 in the hidden menu just spits similar output to "dev cpldTest" in the OS: Select option: 9 Board Type : Campbell 24F Board Version : 2 CPLD Revision : 3 (0x3) RPS2 Present RPS2 Status...
  11. J

Thanks for the tutorial @fohdeesha! Everything went well for me, up until the CPLD update. I get this error: console#dev cpldUpdate Unrecognized device CPLD update exited with a return code of 0 error_address 180595718, exit_code 6, format_version 2 value = -1 = 0xffffffff Has anyone had...