Recent content by James Harding

1. J

Supermicro SCU RAID

Ok, the compatibility doesn’t show the 9211, but there is a chance it will work?
  2. J

Supermicro SCU RAID

@StevenDTX Ok, I am back... Before you had mentioned the 9260, I had already purchased a 9211. The server is up and running beautifully. I have ESXi 6.7 running and 6 vms running just the way I want. Then I realized, what if the RAID array starts to fail?!?!!? how would I ever know??? Poking...
  3. J

Supermicro SCU RAID

I think I just learned the hard way :( Can someone point to more detailed information about the storage control unit on the X9dr3-ln4f+, I can’t seem to find too much info out there. I think I’m coming to the realization that the interface this provides is a software RAID. I made a few...
  4. J

New member, new build, need advice

@WillTaillac I am still exploring the forums, and since I made the original post, I have come across the RPC-4224. This chassis is very compelling to me because it pretty much means I keep everything I have and I can just add more drives (albeit I also have to purchase an HBA, but that is to...
  5. J

After a while away from the post, another look at my requirements leaves a lot of open questions. I have also determined that most of the high speed usage of the NAS is for Plex, so the NAS needs to have the ability to mount a GTX1080 or similar graphics card for hardware transcoding. Having...
  6. J

OK! wow.... what a great community STH is. I wish I would have known about this place sooner. I have been doing a lot of reading the past week. This has led to the typical highs, feeling like I know what I want, and lows, feeling like I know nothing about what is out there. That being said, I am...