ICX 6610 Interfaces keep coming up and going down

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

James Harding

Mar 10, 2020
hardingconcepts.com
I have an ICX 6610 that is behaving oddly. I have a few ports setup for PoE that power some unifi LR-6 Access points. These ports are going down and then coming back up. This means the wifi in our building is dropping out and then coming back pretty regularly. Any idea what is going on?

1705695906270.png

1705695929674.png

bwahaha

Jun 9, 2023
I hope it's safe to assume you moved the APs to different ports? Has it always done this? Or is this new behavior? Did anything trigger the failures?

Try a regular POE injector to see if the switch is shitting itself. Is POE configured for auto, or are you forcing power requirements?

I'd also suggest a real test for the cabling, something with some sort of metric aside from "yep, there's continuity on all eight pins."

James Harding

Mar 10, 2020
hardingconcepts.com
I hope it's safe to assume you moved the APs to different ports? Has it always done this? Or is this new behavior? Did anything trigger the failures?

Try a regular POE injector to see if the switch is shitting itself. Is POE configured for auto, or are you forcing power requirements?

I'd also suggest a real test for the cabling, something with some sort of metric aside from "yep, there's continuity on all eight pins."
I tried moving one of the APs, same behavior. It has not always done this, it seems to have started out of nowhere. I have two of these switches, one is still working fine, but it also doesn’t provide PoE. The switches are on clean filtered backed up power.

What type of test exactly are you referring to? I do have this tester. I’ll tinker around with it tomorrow. I do believe it has some PoE testing abilities.

James Harding

Mar 10, 2020
hardingconcepts.com
Ok, I tested continuity and the cabling is fine. I also just swapped out the entire switch for a backup I had for this scenario. The Unifi LR-6 APs continue to drop off line. Is a 13000 milliwatt draw on these too much? I thought 30000mW (30 watts) was the limit for PoE+? I have even allocated 30000mW for each port that I have an AP on.