Recent content by j.battermann

1. J

ASrock Rack ROMED8-2T - Correct PCIE2 Selection Jumper settings and/or what cables to use OCU1 & OCU2 w/ U.2 Drives

Not a stupid question :) ... but yep I did. The PSU is modular, added the two U.2s to one new / additional PSU cable with sata power plugs, and connected the one sata power plug per oculink>u.2 cable to its corresponding connector. The U.2 drives do also get warm, just aren't recognized by the...
  2. J

ASrock Rack ROMED8-2T - Correct PCIE2 Selection Jumper settings and/or what cables to use OCU1 & OCU2 w/ U.2 Drives

Yeah, I had already set the link speed of OCU1 and OCU2 to PCIe Gen3 given the Micron / 9300 Pro's older PCIe 3.0 spec, but that didn't help unfortunately. So I'm thinking that either something might be off with the particular cables I have (i.e. they are not compatible with the board for some...
  3. J

I must be doing this wrong because no matter how I set the PCIE2 Selection Jumpers for my ROMED8-2T board, I cannot see the two Micron 9300 Pro U.2 drives connected to the two OCU1 & OCU2 connectors on the board using two of these cables: PCIe Gen 4 16 GT/s OCulink (SFF-8611) to U.2 (SFF-8639)...
  4. J

Micron 5200/5300 Flash original FW to Dell/HPE/etc drives?

I'm not at my desk right now but you can register for an account at Micron's site for free in 1-2 mins & then download those FW files directly.. I just did that a few days ago. Their registration workflow is a bit clunky and didn't work with an active adblocker but other than that no biggie
  5. J

What Oculink PCIe Gen4 cables to use for ASRock Rack ROMED8-2T & U.2 PCIe Gen4 x4 drives?

I got an ASRock Rack ROMED8-2T motherboard and I might want to connect just to extra Intel U.2 5520 drives to it and since I haven't used the Oculink connectors the board has, I was thinking the easiest way might just be to use those. Does anyone have a recommendation for a specific cable to use...
  6. J

Micron 5200/5300 Flash original FW to Dell/HPE/etc drives?

Does anyone know whether these older Micron 5X00 SATA SSDs can be cross-flashed with the original/stock Micron firmware if the drives came out of Dell/HPE ones and have slightly different product numbers (not the ****YY suffix afaik) or would one have to go down the rabbit hole trying to find FW...
  7. J

[WTB][US-CA] 4-5x Samsung SM863 1.92TB SSDs

As the subject says, I am looking for four-five of these & if anyone has some to let go, please let me know, thanks!
  8. J

[FS][US-CA] SOLD - AMD Epyc 7443P Milan CPU, Unlocked - SOLD

Sold, thanks for all the inquiries! I am selling my AMD EPYC 7443P CPU just taken out of my idling proxmox host. The CPU was purchased in 2022 by me directly from ProVantage as a HPE CPU Upgrade kit but never used as such / only in my AS Rock Rack system so is obviously unlocked. Price: $900...
  9. J

FS: 13900KS, Z690, WRX80, 4070Ti, DDR5-6000, PSU, 4TB, 8TB, 360mm AIO

Bought a NUC from ching8888 and in short: great seller, can recommend without hesitation!
  10. J

[FS][US-CA] Clearing out new & used Supermicro 1U systems, ships worldwide

Same Q as LilTrublMakr had a couple of days ago.. I might be interested in a combo with a E3C246D4U2-2T (if you still have one of those) but can't reach out directly.. could you maybe PM me and we can take it from there? Thanks!
  11. J

EPYC 3rd Gen, Resizable BAR support

Ha... just stumbled upon this while looking for a new bios version for my ROMED8 motherboard. I wonder if the inquiry triggered some internal curiosity:
  12. J

EPYC 3rd Gen, Resizable BAR support

I've reached out to William of ASRock USA, he checked back with their bios development team and got this answer: So no Resizable BAR for SP3 :-/