Recent content by gregoinc

1. G

SuperMicro H11SSL-i Motherboard Weirdness

I have a bit of a story to tell, so hope you will stick with me. I also hope to provide as much data as possible to explain the situation. I have a SuperMicro H11SSL-i motherboard installed in my homelab server that is running Proxmox. The server has been running fine for some time, with a...
  2. G

MSI B550 PRO-DASH (AM4) - Sure, it's not a perfect IPMI/VGA/KVM, but it's not IPMI money either.

Also looked at the MSI B550 PRO-DASH (AM4) as it's an excellent board for the current prices. I am keen to go to a similar board in an ATX size, so any suggestions appreciated.
  3. G

SuperMicro H11SSL-i Rev 1.0 versus Rev 2.0 Comparison

So, are you saying the EPYC 7551P chip is a different chip for a Rev 2.0 board?
  4. G

So if I am hearing what is being said here... Rev 2.0 has better "numa architecture" and supports Naples & Rome chips. But apart from that, for a Proxmox server, rev 1.0 is probably ok?
  5. G

I am close to buying a used SuperMicro H11SSL-i motherboard. The motherboard is rev 1.0 and will have an EPYC 7551P CPU installed. I have noticed there are revision 2.0 of these boards available for sale, so I started wondering. Am I better finding a revision 2.0 board, or am I better going...
  6. G

Supermicro Motherboard Mystery Interface

Thanks for the additional information. Here's the cable I purchased. Based on the information in this thread I believe it should do the job.
  7. G

Yes, did that... perhaps I missed it? Anyway, seems RolloZ170 found the interface technical name, so all good. Really appreciate the feedback.
  8. G

Economical GPU for DIY Proxmox Server

Wow, looks good... and the prices are really good. Thanks for the tip. Edit: Only concern I have, it's a dual slot card... and I might be squeezed with pcie slots. Might there be any GPU options similar to this that only require a single slot?
  9. G

I have a Supermicro H11SSL-i motherboard and it has the interfaces below. I have tried doing research on the use of these interfaces and the cables I might use. But I have come up empty? Any suggestions greatly appreciated.
  10. G

Thanks, have used those previously, so will give it a go.
  11. G

Probably $500 ish... and usage for applications that require GPU, such as BOINC etc.
  12. G

M.2 Drive DIY Mount Ideas

Yes, I am thinking that is where I might end up... just need to mcgyver a screw in hole etc. Here's the type I have...
  13. G

Thanks for the info, I had already searched... and I get these kind of results for each number you listed?
  14. G

Proxmox homelab advice requested - low power usage, mid performance - Which TinyMiniMicro?

Awesome thread... and awesome builds. I've been running stand alone Linux and Proxmox on Intel NuC and Lenovo M720Q units for some time, and there's no doubting the efficiency benefits. There are times when I look at the workloads I am running on my Lenovo tiny's and am impressed at how well...
  15. G

Recently purchased a used Supermicro H11SSL-i motherboard. Only issue... it didn't come with the nylon mounting clips to retain the M.2 drive in place. Unfortunately Supermicro doesn't sell spare parts to us folks in the great land down under, so I am looking for some suggestions on possible...