Recent content by GeeK

1. G

First Truenas Core build, suggestions needed!

Thanks for all the replies! There are so many messages that I will try to answer them all in general at once and tell more about my own thoughts related to them. MB by changing X11SPL-F to X11SPH-nCTPF, the price more than doubles when bought new (450€ -> 980€), so I don't think this is a good...
  2. G

No doubt an even less powerful hardware would be just fine. However, the main components of this hardware when bought used cost almost the same as a more suitable (e.g. Xeon-D) embedded motherboard would cost used in the EU. Xeon Silver offers significantly better expansion possibilities, and...
  3. G

Hi, I am building the first Truenas Core NAS device for my upcoming homelab, I'd like to have some recommendations for missing hardware options. Purpose of use - Home NAS for my family - Mainly a media server (Movies, photos, office stuff etc.) - Only NAS functions, all applications, VMs...
  4. G

Cooling Xeon D-1718T (Ice Lake-D/SuperMicro X12 mini-ITX embedded)

I'm sorry my question is off topic, but have you possibly measured IDLE power consumption? I'm interested in the same motherboard for my NAS, but I can't find the expected power consumption data anywhere.
  5. G

Supermicro X12SDV-4C-SP6F Review 25GbE and Intel Xeon D-1718T

The review didn't include any power consumption values. Do you have a chance to measure them? This is in the same price range as the D-1518, so this would be a viable option for building a new home NAS. A newer architecture would certainly be more future-proof, but power consumption is a...
  6. G

Need suggestions to Truenas Core build

I've been trying to choose a motherboard and processor for my upcoming Truenas Core build. I am completely lost with these different options. I have looked at different xeon-D, Atom and Embedded epyc models. The more I've looked at these, the more I'm lost with the different options. Budget...
  7. G

Need hardware suggestions for Truenas Core build.

I've been trying to choose a motherboard and processor for my upcoming Truenas Core build. I am completely lost with these different options. I have looked at different xeon-D, Atom and Embedded epyc models. The more I've looked at these, the more I'm lost with the different options. Budget...