Recent content by frogtech

1. F

WD HDD Ultrastar DC HC520 HUH721212AL4205 12TB 3.5" SAS $76.89

SATA drives also respond better to power management commands in virtually all platforms from what I've seen. I was never able to reliably get SAS spindown to function in unraid or truenas and getting smart data without having to bust open consoles/terminals is far less of a pain in the ass with...
  2. F

Ruckus R500 with Unleashed FW

I've started having issues with these APs running Unleashed where the wireless just starts getting slow and then eventually it craps out forcing a power cycle. Right now I only have one AP I'm using and it has the latest FW but wondering if anyone has seen the same issue on these specific models?
  3. F

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

does anyone run the 7250s in the rear of their rack? i cant really decide if i want blinken-lights or easier cable management. is it worth swapping the direction of the fans in them if it's for home lab use? it would be interesting to try and put some more fans in, to exhaust out the singular...
  4. F

Configuring ports and VLANs on a Hasivo switch

i am making some assumptions here based on my own experience with a similar issue, that i havent yet figured out as ive often been confused on the subject with regards to layer 2 (VLAN) and layer 3(routing) functionality. specifically with opnsense. admittedly i havent looked at all of your...
  5. F

so i'm still a huge networking newb, and may be misunderstanding what i'm doing here for now, i was able to work around the issue to get some 'work' done, but ideally i want to go back and revisit how to set this up i am using opnsense as my main firewall/"router", and had an interface...
  6. F

Brocade ICX7250-48P ($105/ea OBO + Reasonable Shipping)

off the top of my head id probably wager noise levels and power consumption. i'm not familiar with the model you mentioned. these ruckus switches have anywhere between 1 to 3 fans at most and no external PSUs that have fans so they're easier to mod. licensing is honor based so as a home user you...
  7. F

What fans are you using?
  8. F

i literally just did a repaste on one of my switches last night, i was curious if it would make a difference. i would say, not really. i used arctic mx4 2019 edition. it was kind of annoying getting that thermal pad off but didn't take too much effort. i would probably apply heat and try to pull...
  9. F

Actually on one of my switches, one of the fans is having reported as failed, but all 3 of the fans inside the chassis are spinning. I have an identical setup between two 7250-24Ps, two non-original fans and one of them is wired up to a splitter for a cheapo 60mm fan. Any reason fans would...
  10. F

I have not had much success in silencing ICX7250-24P switches, which are the 24 port PoE models that have 2 fans. I did some fan swaps, but I can't remember to which models, and it didn't really help much with noise and the temps are still kind of bad. One of my switches is 66c right now and the...
  11. F

GIGABYTE MB10 Datto Motherbaord Xeon D-1521 with I/O Shield - $130 + shipping

i probably wouldnt buy these given the history of the thread edit: although interesting that they're listed as un-used. wonder if these were meant to be field replacements or something, so maybe they'll work for a while and then eventually throw the sensor issue.
  12. F

[FS][USA] 24x Intel S3700 800GB SSDs, 27x HGST HUSMM8040ASS200 400GB SAS3 SSDs, x6 HUSMM1680ASS200 800GB SAS3 SSDs

the intel SSDs have been sold, if I didn't reply to your PMs I apologize. thanks.
  13. F

[FS][USA] 24x Intel S3700 800GB SSDs, 27x HGST HUSMM8040ASS200 400GB SAS3 SSDs, x6 HUSMM1680ASS200 800GB SAS3 SSDs

Didn't get any interest on my complete systems so I'll need to part the storage to move those I guess timestamps For sale: SSD Model Capacity Interface Endurance Qty Available Health Price Intel S3700 800GB SATA3 14.60 PB 24 0, sold all verified 100% life $40/ea HGST HUSMM8040ASS200...
  14. F

[FS][USA-HOU-TX] qty 2 :: SuperMicro 216 24-bay 2U chassis, complete, X10DRH-iT, Dual E5-2680v4, 256GB RAM, with either 19.2 TB or 9.6 TB SSD Storage

timestamps For sale: #1 SuperMicro 216, 24-bay, 2U SFF Chassis SuperMicro X10DRH-iT Motherboard (Onboard 10GbE Copper) Dual E5-2680 v4 CPUs 256GB RAM DDR4 2400 ECC, 8x32GB DIMMS Rear 2x2.5" SATA/SAS Drive-cage (currently wired for SATA only) Dual PWS-920P-SQ Power Supplies SAS3 Backplane /w...