Recent content by foogitiff

1. F

1U Supermicro Server 6x 10GBE RJ45 X10SLH-LN6TF LGA 1150 H3 X10SLH-N6-ST031

I just use a big paper clip that I unfold, then I push it inside the heatsink, like this: https://cdn.instructables.com/FQU/J1J8/F4LL9HQ1/FQUJ1J8F4LL9HQ1.LARGE.jpg?auto=webp&frame=1&crop=3:2&fit=bounds
  2. F

E5-2678v3 - $90

I still see ~$320 for the 2680v4 and ~$1000 for the 2699v4. At these price, isn't it worth upgrading to Epyc? I am currently using a 2673v3, but I would like a higher frequency.
  3. F

2x Broken Intel DC P4320 series 8TB - 500$

Plus they are engineering samples...
  4. F

Supermicro X10SRH-CF

Thanks, with my NF-A4x20, at "idle" it's at 41C. But my fan is rated for ~5CFM only.
  5. F

Supermicro X10SRH-CF

How did you measured it? I don't think there is a temp sensor in the chip. I put a Noctua NF-A4x20 directly on the SAS heatsink, I hope it will be ok. I still don't have my SAS cables...
  6. F

STH Forums a New Look and How to Switch to Dark Theme

I like the difference in the light theme, but on the dark theme it's a bit hard (for me) to see the difference. But I prefer the light theme anyway. Thanks!
  7. F

Supermicro X10SRH-CF

The slot 6 is supposed to be x8 electrically.
  8. F

Supermicro X10SRH-CF

You are not concerned about the temp of the SAS 3008 chipset in a tower case like this? It was too hot to touch in my case, I added a noctua 40mm directly on it. If you want to put two NVME on the Asys Hyper, you will have to configure bifurcation, I posted a pic on the previous page. It works...
  9. F

STH Forums a New Look and How to Switch to Dark Theme

Is there a way now to see if there is new unread response in a topic? Previously the title of the topic was bold if there were new messages, if I am not mistaken
  10. F

Supermicro X10SRH-CF

The fan doesn't seems to stop. I setup the fan profile to "Standard" now and I don't have a 0 RPM alert anymore :)
  11. F

Supermicro X10SRH-CF

It;s to set the low threshold to 150, correct? My issue is that teh BMC reads 0 RPM sometimes (at least on optimal setting).
  12. F

Supermicro X10SRH-CF

Unfortunately the BMC still think that the fan RPM drop to 0, so thrown an alert and spin the fan to 100% again. I am not confident to put the threshold to 0... Since the fan is very quiet, especially with the low voltage adapter, I set up the fan mode to full speed. My chassis fan are...
  13. F

Supermicro X10SRH-CF

x4/x4/x4/x4 (Same options as for IOU0 as I posted before). Not everything makes sense....
  14. F

Supermicro X10SRH-CF

Mhhh... in the manual, in the bios section: - IOU0 (II0 PCIe Port 2) - IOU1 (II0 PCIE Port 3) And if we look the block diagram: - Port 2A -> SLOT 5 - Port 2C -> SLOT 6 - Port 3A -> SLOT 4 - Port 3C -> SLOT 7
  15. F

Supermicro X10SRH-CF

If I understand the schema from jcl333, 5 and 6 are IOU0, 4 and 7 are IOU1.