Recent content by fiftynine

1. F

EU Gigabyte Mainboard MC12-LE0 Re1.0 AMD B550 AM4 Ryzen

Yeah, really nice change from java remote access turds. Looking at the portal, I felt instantly that it's a homage to pi-hole interface. Nothing against that, but it just had the same look. Which is nice, as I'm quite familiar with that one. :)
  2. F

EU Gigabyte Mainboard MC12-LE0 Re1.0 AMD B550 AM4 Ryzen

I gave in and ordered the board just because it was so cheap. Sent an offer for the kicks and it was approved. Why did I do that.. I don't know what's wrong with me. Any updates on this one? I'm looking at doing x8x8 bifurcation but cannot find anything good on european amazon. Maybe I'll get...
  3. F

Gigabyte MJ11-EC1 EPYC 3151 Mystery

Thanks! On the G431 IOMMU was disabled by default, as well. That was hidden pretty well into the bios menus, too..
  4. F

Are you seeing 4c/8t in bios or by OS itself? I have MJ11-EC1-0T (G431 server) and with F09 bios at least both bios and OS are reporting just 4c/4t config :confused: edit: Apparently there's HT setting somewhere.. hmm edit2: advanced -> amd cbs -> zen common options -> core/thread enablement...
  5. F

So I have this m2 adapter which I bought off amazon I have two of these MJ11 boards, one simple board and one full server (Gigabyte G431-MM0). I'm wondering how I could power the m2 adapter on the server, as it doesn't have any sata cables which could power the m2 adapter. Any ideas? By a...
  6. F

Is your ram listed on the QVL?
  7. F

Oh, thanks for clarification, I stand corrected. Lovely :rolleyes:
  8. F

First I'd check boot order, or boot media.. Did you check the jumper for cmos clearing? When I tried to boot with incompatible ram (LRDIMM), naturally I got no video out at all. As you're getting some video out, I'd wager the ram is compatible. Have you tried to access bmc? Does it reserve ip...
  9. F

Thanks, I tried the lrdimms I had as well without luck, so... ordered something from the qvl list then :p
  10. F

Does LRDIMM not work with this board? Can't find it on the QVL. I just happen to have lots of lrdimm around
  11. F

Xeon D-1541 Quanta storage servers on ebay

Hi, I don't sadly remember as I have a KVM connected to my device, so I don't in fact keep this particular machine's BMC connected to my lan unless there's something funky going on - and while I understand it's bad practice, I have kept the default usernames/passwords for this reason on it. And...
  12. F

After who knows how long, maybe a year or something similar, I power cycled my server and disconnected it completely from power as I arranged my rack again. After booting the fans didn't slow down but kept spinning around 14krpm, and bmc reported their speed value as normal with that rpm. Well...
  13. F

EU P3605 - 168€

How's the linux support? I have a fusion-io which requires a kernel module and doesn't support newer kernels..
  14. F

Aruba MAS series SFP+ & POE+ switches sub-$100

I'm new to aruba switches but decided anyway to replace bunch of mikrotik 10G switches with s2500/s3500s. I wanted to start with a simple network without any vlans and in the long run configure these better - I just wanted to drop these in place of mikrotiks and call it a day. However during...
  15. F

I have one running truenas. I run it off a cheap intel optane 16gb ssd.