Recent content by fblittle

1. F

IBM M5015 experiences

Ibm sbr Can I keep the IBM firmware and change the SBR firmware? My M5015 takes about 2 min to get past the BIOS Initialization. I don't want to Brick the card trying to update the FW so I have stuck to the IBM FW only, but I'm tired of the long boot time waiting for the BIOS. Does IBM have...
  2. F

Real World Story: ZFS/napp-it saves the Day.

I built a Solaris 11 / ZFS home server about a year ago, and I mostly use it to back up my Windows Home Server 2011. It contains duplicate folders and shares on it like the WHS does. I also use the WHS and Solaris11 server to back up my laptop from work. I have a Sync program that syncs my...
  3. F

WHS 2011 vs SBS 2011 Essentials, vs New Motherboard

Yes, Well Actually Lexan. Hopefully more scratch resistant. I'll probably post it in the DIY forum.
  4. F

Photos of new server. See if this works. http://i1073.photobucket.com/albums/w391/fblittle/IMG_0922.jpg Back side http://i1073.photobucket.com/albums/w391/fblittle/IMG_0926.jpg Standing on the it's side. http://i1073.photobucket.com/albums/w391/fblittle/IMG_0927.jpg Server Rack...
  5. F

DIY Server I Got some discarded parts from work. A 19" card cage that had circuit boards in it the size of hard drives. So I modified the card cage to hold 12 hard disks on aluminum plates, vertically. I then put in a backplane board for each drive and now they plug into the card rack just...
  6. F

SBSe 2011 Backups Yes it has both Server Backup and Client backup. I installed SBSe 2011 and saw little reason to keep using it after I finally decided to replace my server motherboard. I just need a NAS solution not a Domain network. My final solution was to replace my server and get a more...
  7. F

Mirror for OS Drive on WHS 2011

I built a strange new server from spare parts discarded at work. I loaded the OS onto a disk on port 1 on the MB then after that I installed a new disk on Port 0 on the MB, I then went into the Disk Manager and created a Mirror from the first Partition (C:) to the new drive then I mirrored the...
  8. F

IBM M5015 experiences

mobilenvidia or anyone: Where can I get the latest IBM Firmware. The IBM site is a mess trying to find the firmware. Do you have a link? I'm going in circles trying to find it there. I have a new M5015 that I would like to update the firmware on. I would like to stick with the approved IBM...
  9. F

I hadn't thought of that option. I don't know anything about Hyper-V Server. I have only tried vmWare Player and Virtual Box on a Desktop computer. Maybe I'll give it a try. Maybe I can run WHS 2011 and SBS 2011 Essentials on the same Box. But I'm still wondering if anybody knows the answer...
  10. F

Currently I am running WHS 2011 on my home server. I have an old (2004 vintage) Intel Server motherboard with 2 - 2.9 Ghz Xeon procerssors on it. When running WHS Vail I was able to see that both CPUs and their threads were being used. When I installed the Released version of WHS 2011 I can now...
  11. F

Supermicro MB Product Naming Codes

Has anybody figured out the product naming codes for the Supermicro Motherboards? :confused: -The first two positions "X9" must be the chipset/CPU or something like that -The third position "S" must mean type of board. In this case Server board. The rest I have not figured out SCA SCM...
  12. F

Where can i buy a BR10i bracket?

Brackets for the BR10i Good News: I bought two of these cards a while ago on e-bay for 18.50 each plus shipping. They did not come with the brackets either. After looking for a while finally, I found a source for them. I am not sure how many they have to sell, but I saw an e-bay add for them...
  13. F

LSI RAID Controller - HBA Equivalency Mapping

ReadMe file Metaluna: You are correct for the SATA Drives the readme file next to the driver download states this. For SAS drives all speeds will work with either driver.
  14. F

Where can i buy a BR10i bracket?

I just got 2- brand new, BR10i's off e-bay for 18.50 Each plus $5 shipping for the pair, so a $19 racket would be more that the board. GoofyHSK What part # did you order from purcell? There are a lot of different parts in the list. What was your cost, and how many in a minimum order...
  15. F

Solaris11 Home ZFS File Server

SIL 3124 cards, SATA Backplane. dblue135 > How did you get the SIL 3124 cards working? I read on the web site that they needed to be flashed to JBOD so the RAID functionality was disabled. I inserted both cards before I installed Solaris 11 and it just worked. I am getting about 50MB/Sec to...